Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

South of Spain Holiday

Old 04-10-2007, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South of Spain Holiday

Hi Guys,

Am looking at doing a 2 week holiday in Spain in Sept, but sadly won't be taking the S2 I am going to hire a 307 Cabrio just for a bit of fun and for peace of mind.

I am going to fly to Malaga, rent the car from there to drive down to Puerto Banus/ Marbella and stay there for a week. I will do the usual trips to Gibraltar etc but am going to drive from Marbella to Seville one week into the holiday.

Anyone know any routes, or places on the way to Seville where we could stay or have to visit? Let me know any, and a round about location as all will be welcomed and looked at! I will hopefully drive through the mountains when going from Marbella to Seville.

Look forward to your comments
Old 04-10-2007, 09:58 AM

No, don't do it. Take the S
Old 04-10-2007, 10:01 AM

I can't!!! I have family in Seville, and the S will not last 2 mins in Seville!!!! I want to be able to drive back!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:12 AM

If you get a chance try some of the coast East of Malaga. It's a little more interesting IMO. A bit more rugged and traditional (if any of the costa del sol is anymore). Worth a visit are Nerja (on the coast) and Frigilliana just up from there in the hills. If you can fit Granada in all the better (the Alhambra Palace is a must).

Oh and one other thing. If there is any way you could take the S do it. We were over there 2 weeks ago and I really missed it driving the mountain roads (the focus hire car wasn't quite the same!).
Old 04-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Ryn

Originally Posted by Petron,Apr 10 2007, 07:12 PM
If you get a chance try some of the coast East of Malaga. It's a little more interesting IMO. A bit more rugged and traditional (if any of the costa del sol is anymore). Worth a visit are Nerja (on the coast) and Frigilliana just up from there in the hills. If you can fit Granada in all the better (the Alhambra Palace is a must).

Oh and one other thing. If there is any way you could take the S do it. We were over there 2 weeks ago and I really missed it driving the mountain roads (the focus hire car wasn't quite the same!).

Nerja is beautiful, lovely beach there.

My sister has just come back from a photoshoot there.

She's a model you see
Old 04-10-2007, 01:04 PM

haha thanks guys!!!

I def would like to do Granada, have been recommended that a few times. I seriously want to take the S, but just can't take it to Seville as It will be ruined!!!

Nerja eh...haven't thought of that one...what do we have there?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Ryn

There's some nice caves to go see in Nerja IIRC, and a lovely beach.

More of a holiday spot than an adventure holiday, but very pretty. Not many Brits there, it's too pricey and too many hills to walk up and down

Moreno take a look on eBay, some chap is trying to sell his S from Spain!

Linky

(edit for link)
Old 04-11-2007, 01:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Not many Brits in Nerja? I suppose its relative to marbella but i would say Nerja is packed with Brits. My in-laws-to-be live there.

How about another option? We flew to Barcelona, spent a couple of nights there,hired a car, drove down to valencia, stayed there for a couple of days and then drove down to Nerja (Marbella is about an hour from Nerja) and left the car at Malaga airport. Its quite a distance but there are some stunning views and Barcelona and Valencia were great.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:33 AM

We are using this great hotel system when we go, where you basically buy vouchers for the hotels you want to go for. Each voucher corresponds to one night in a hotel. Its all about availability.

We are staying in Marbella for a week, pop over to Puerto banus a couple of times and a trip to Gibraltar...I was thinking San Pedro to Nerja....Nerja to Granada and then Granada to Estepona and then Estepona to Seville.....we will spend 4 nights in Seville in the city.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:50 AM

Also available in Spain I have a 97/8 fiat Barchetta convertible lhd,on Italian plates, if anyone is interested ring for more details

In boxes? Buyer to assemble?

Sounds well dodgy

Quick Reply: South of Spain Holiday