S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car Talk - Non S2000 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-talk-non-s2000-174/)
-   -   Speeding for 840 miles and got away with it. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-talk-non-s2000-174/speeding-840-miles-got-away-1185129/)

richmc 05-28-2018 10:13 PM

Speeding for 840 miles and got away with it.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

So the Telegraph are reporting on an idiot who did John o' Grote's to Lands End in 9h 26m (average of 88mph) and posted on line, and it seems the police are at the moment turning a blind eye. This nupty should be locked up, bikers who post videos of themselves acting like twats are instantly collared.
The argument that "he didn't harm anyone" doesn't wash one bit, he could have, driving at speed for 9 1/2 hours with one stop for fuel. even lorry drivers can only drive a maximum of 9 hours, and have to have a 3/4 hour brake every four hours.

But of course being the Telegraph the reporting is fatally flawed to the point of comedy...... "It's a worthy adversary to a police car, with upgraded brakes taking it to 400 brake horsepower", Well Kate Morley it shows you know feck all about cars and driving, brakes don't increase brake horse power, and "Tommy Davies managed to break the land speed record" no you need a big jet powered thingy for that and do more than 750mph, but he probably did brake some kind of land speeding record. Back to the ironing dear!
One thing that was a dead cert, he was of course driving an Audi.

Heinz '57 05-28-2018 10:29 PM

His photo tells you all that you need to know about him.

richmc 05-28-2018 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Heinz '57 (Post 24466778)
His photo tells you all that you need to know about him.

Possibly he got away with it because the saddo was wearing some kind of police jacket, not a cool look!

Just noticed...... "We left at 8pm , which we perfectly timed to pass Glasgow at 11.45pm, then come through Liverpool and Birmingham in the dead of night as they are the most populated areas."
and......... "Tommy Davies managed to break the land speed record from Land's End to John O'Groats"

"They passed Glasgow, then come through Liverpool and Birmingham", they did WHAT, it must have been difficult to drive all that way with one hand on his knob, possibly his mate helped there.
Anyway I digress, if they were doing Lands End to John O'Groats, all I can say is ..."OI MATE YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!"

"counter measures to avoid speed traps and a detector to pick up police radio signals so we know if there are any police with in a kilometer of us."
S
ection 46 of the Wireless Telegraphy act 2006, totally illegal to listen in on any signal not meant for you, even taxis. And what's a kilometer? something that measures kilos, like bathroom scales?

Chuck S 05-29-2018 07:33 AM

Nice run! Anyone got a map? 9-1/2 hours in any car seat can be brutal though.

-- Chuck

lower 05-29-2018 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by richmc (Post 24466774)
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

So the Telegraph are reporting on an idiot who did John o' Grote's to Lands End in 9h 26m (average of 88mph) and posted on line, and it seems the police are at the moment turning a blind eye. This nupty should be locked up, bikers who post videos of themselves acting like twats are instantly collared.
The argument that "he didn't harm anyone" doesn't wash one bit, he could have, driving at speed for 9 1/2 hours with one stop for fuel. even lorry drivers can only drive a maximum of 9 hours, and have to have a 3/4 hour brake every four hours.

But of course being the Telegraph the reporting is fatally flawed to the point of comedy...... "It's a worthy adversary to a police car, with upgraded brakes taking it to 400 brake horsepower", Well Kate Morley it shows you know feck all about cars and driving, brakes don't increase brake horse power, and "Tommy Davies managed to break the land speed record" no you need a big jet powered thingy for that and do more than 750mph, but he probably did brake some kind of land speeding record. Back to the ironing dear!
One thing that was a dead cert, he was of course driving an Audi.

The original article by the telegraph says" It's a worthy adversary to a police car, with upgrading taking it to 400 brake horsepower ". The cut and paste on MSN must include an error.

Bragging about breaking the law on the internet isn't the brightest move.

Nottm_S2 05-31-2018 07:54 AM

I speed for every mile I can, which is probably most of em, get caught once every 3 years probably

And from what I see at least 50% of people are at it. Since I got a cam on my bike I've probably filmed on average one red light runner a month too

Wgaf

richmc 06-01-2018 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 (Post 24468016)
I speed for every mile I can, which is probably most of em, get caught once every 3 years probably

And from what I see at least 50% of people are at it. Since I got a cam on my bike I've probably filmed on average one red light runner a month too

Wgaf

Well those 50% must be in the ones I've cited in my avatar, just because people speed doesn't make it right, 88mph AVERAGE, can you imagine what the speed range went up to, still if you were coming out of a side road on your bike and this clown hit you doing say 110mph you would be the first one condemning their actions, or at least your next of kin would be.
WGAF............... anyone with a brain would.

As for your habits, maybe points should stay on your licence for ten years.

Nick Graves 06-01-2018 09:19 AM

Classic strawman - a biker would be almost equally as dead hit at 60mph.

Nottm_S2 06-01-2018 12:14 PM

it's classic Police nazi indoctrination in my eyes

to average 88mph he might not have driven faster than your average fast lane ford transit, he's just avoided traffic lights and and junctions. to average 80-90mph on the motorway is easy in the dead of night.

to speed is one thing, to drive recklessly entirely another in my humble opinion, i see people daily doing each mutually exclusively and could post a load of vids in support of that if i could be arsed. For me, doing 50 in a 40 need not be dangerous at all, but keeping in touch with your latest bit of snatch on tinder is.. or grindr, it's a free world ;)

you should defo restrict your s2000 angry Rich, it has far too much power to drive at 30 everywhere..

richmc 06-01-2018 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves (Post 24470066)
Classic strawman - a biker would be almost equally as dead hit at 60mph.

Yen maybe, but he would have twice as long to react to a car coming at him at half the speed wouldn't he.