Old 10-17-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FS NC: 2007 GPW S2000- Legalo front end, OEM+ Rear metal widebody

Owner: Kevin
Contact: PM or Text. Text for faster response. (937) 545-0114
Title Status: Clean

Year: 2007
Mileage: 68,500 miles

I'm the second owner of this car. The first owner lived in Charlotte, then Raleigh so it's been a southern car it's whole life. The original owner had a full spoon setup and a stage 1 SOS supercharger setup on the car. This was the car a few years prior to my ownership.

Attachment 177280

So it was a nice car for a long time. Previous owners priorities changed and he lost interest and parted the car out. The car developed a misfire and he ended up selling the car to me like this:

So I brought it home with a misfire, beat up ap1 wheels, stripped interior and two hacked quarters with white plastidipped shine replica flares that were duck taped on. Not the greatest condition but it was a good place for me to start. Anyone who knows me knows my hatred for bolt on flares so I sold the flares, sold the front end as my legalo front had already come in and got to work on the misfire.

Happy news was the misfire was a simple issue with the plug and play harness from SOS, actually a fairly common issue for PNP harnesses to my understanding. Got the car running, and it had a good compression test. Drove it around for a week or two and put 500 miles on it without a hiccup. Then took it to a metal work shop and had them make plans for the quarter panel work.

Quarters Panels: I wanted to fix the quarters, but I also wanted to add some width back there. However, my main concern was as OEM looking as possible. I wanted a setup that if people didnt know what they were looking at, they wouldn't guess it had any work done. I have detailed the build process in my build thread, but essentially, what they did was cut off the entire quarter panel, address any possible rust issues, and build the quarters back from the inside out with an additional 2" of width per side. They did phenomenal work. The welds were seam sealed, primed and undercoated with high quality products. While the car was in the shop I had them weld close the holes in the trunk from the spoiler and the mirror bases.

Engine: Even though the car ran 100%, I wasn't that interested in the SOS kit. For supposedly 350hp, while quick, it didnt make me giggle like I thought, so I removed the kit and planned to stroke the engine to a 2.4L and use the URGE ITBs when they came out. Long story short, that never happened. I flashed the ECU back to stock, got an OEM exhaust and cat, kept the ASM header and Okada coil packs and let it be. Car pulls wonderfully strong. I don't have compression or leak down numbers yet, but will have them prior to sale.

Interior: I picked up black carpets to replace the rather beat up red carpets and picked up very clean 05 seats from a local here. Red door card inserts currently unless I swap them for black AP2 panels. It's still lacking a soft top tray and the soft top itself has two rather oddly placed tears but I have the car garaged.

TL;DR

Mods:
Quarters Widened 2" each. Full metal build.
Spoon LWFW, clutch, PP
ASM header
Okada Coil packs
RSK shift knob
Full Amuse Legalo face kit
Rizoma Mirrors

Cons:
no soft top tray - can look to replace it, but I don't find it necessary
two small tears in the soft top- not in the usual spots, i'll grab pictures soon
needs wheels and coilovers obviously
Airbag not currently wired -will be prior to sale
Passenger seat needs AP2 rails- working on getting this done.

Car is mechanically very strong and cosmetically nice. If I chose to keep it I'd gut the soft top, get a black OEM hardtop, Ohlins DFV and Desmond Regamasters in 17x9+40/17x10 +20 and just have a lot of fun.

A quick photoshop from a friend at BLK Wheels

Link to my build thread for those that want to see the quarter panel build work.
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/106.../page__st__150

I have nothing to hide with this car. I had lost interest in S2000s after my first one and when my legalo front came in a bit of me wanted to "finish my build" but after this thing sat in my garage for a year I realized it's not the car I want to build, so I wanted to get it to a good starting point for someone else to finish and enjoy. Hoping to see this car go to someone who can really appreciate the work that went into it. Any questions at all please feel free to ask. Open book.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:05 PM

bump
Old 10-24-2015, 07:05 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Man I freaking love this car. Pretty much encapsulates my goals for the exterior of mine.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:13 PM

bring your S by sometime. I can shoot it and we can compare lol
Old 10-24-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I plan to do a lot of driving around visiting with folks as soon as the car is going.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks really good Kevin. who ever buys will be getting a nice ride. curious who used to own this car? it wasn't Arron Badis was it? good luck with the sale.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:59 AM

yeah it was Aaron. Thanks for the compliments.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:00 PM

bumping this for 20k
Old 03-20-2016, 03:41 PM

bump for 19k