Mechanic work done BY AN S2000 OWNER

Old 07-19-2018, 03:53 AM

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

I get down that way to visit relatives. It's good to know that if I need work on my S when I'm down south there's locally someone capable to do it.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinky
Spoiler

- Scheduled work for a full fluids change out(EVERYTHING) and swapping spark plugs. Plus a general look over at things while I make my way around the car.

If anyone else is interested in stopping by to enjoy the day(AM Thunderstorms 50% chance of rain), see what's getting done, work on your own car, or just BS and hang out!

Interested in coming post here or send me PM and I will send you my address.
Hello, I live near Oxford, NC. Are you close by? I have a 2007 S2000
Old 07-20-2018, 08:43 AM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

I am in Chapel Hill. So about an hour away. What do you need done?
Old 07-25-2018, 04:59 AM

Hey there! New owner of an '00 S2K in Raleigh. I'd love to learn more about the the platform and wrenching on it. New to the platform but not wrenching. If you have a job coming up and would like a spare set of hands that can turn a wrench, I'd be more than happy to help. Would love to pick up some knowledge.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:52 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by AP1NC
Hey there! New owner of an '00 S2K in Raleigh. I'd love to learn more about the the platform and wrenching on it. New to the platform but not wrenching. If you have a job coming up and would like a spare set of hands that can turn a wrench, I'd be more than happy to help. Would love to pick up some knowledge.
Welcome!!!

Might have a thing or two coming up in the next couple weeks. If you are a NEW owner then we should probably do a ONCE OVER on your new baby to assure it's all in good working order. See what's been done, what might need to be done and things to watch out for as time goes on.

I hope to start wrapping my S soon and when I do that I need to tear apart my S BIG TIME. While doing so I will see about what other things I might want/need to do.(fuel pump, wiring clean up and amp rack/spare tire removal.

Once I get something setup I will post a TECH DAY thread unless you want to expedite and bring your baby in for a look first. Costs will be minimal, if any as I will probably just be providing instructions & advise vs. my DOING the work. My place has all the tools you would need to do anything shy of engine removal.(my engine host is in CT still)
Old 07-25-2018, 09:31 AM

I'd love to have your eyes and do a once over on it. I'll bring beer as "thanks for your time", if that's a fair trade. I think it'd be easier if I just came by one day for an hour or so since I'm close to the Chapel Hill area.

I can't PM people on here yet (14 day waiting period) so I may need an alternate way to connect with you.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:18 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by AP1NC
I'd love to have your eyes and do a once over on it. I'll bring beer as "thanks for your time", if that's a fair trade. I think it'd be easier if I just came by one day for an hour or so since I'm close to the Chapel Hill area.

I can't PM people on here yet (14 day waiting period) so I may need an alternate way to connect with you.
Got ya. SURE! Shoot me an e-mail. I will write the numbers no brackets [asdfg] vs. typing them so you can get my e-mail. addie is: pinky[NineteenSeventySix] AT gmail

I will send you my phone # from there so we can talk.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 to Pinky and his work. Pretty new owner myself and had him do the retainers and valve adjustment. He gave a pretty complete look over the car and gave me a bunch of helpful advice. If he hosts another tech day, I’d be happy to come out and help out with some extra hands and tools. Done a whole lot on mine so shouldn’t need to do much for the foreseeable future.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:38 AM

what is your number? how much to install rear sway, front sway, brake fluid flush and new brake line.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:28 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by piomans2ki
what is your number? how much to install rear sway, front sway, brake fluid flush and new brake line.
As you are new and can't PM send me an e-mail. I will break it up and just type in the year after Pinky no spaces. It's pinky Nineteen seventy-six at g mail dot com

If I don't respond within 24 hours post back and we can work out another way to connect.

None of those should be hard at all. We might just want to be pro-active and get you new sway bar end links because after 10 to possibly almost 20 years those guys are going to be RUSTED big time and the boots might be shot as well. Something like this would be great to have on hand in case we run into an issue. https://www.1aauto.com/2001-honda-s2.../2001-1134-149

Quick Reply: Mechanic work done BY AN S2000 OWNER