Mechanic work done BY AN S2000 OWNER

Old 11-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Anyone wanting to prep their S for the winter let me know. Oil in your engine is best FRESH/NEW if storing for the winter. Diff oil could use a change too if it's close to time but tranny I wouldn't worry about at all.

By now your coolant should have been swapped out at least once from the OEM. After that it can go a few years.

If you need help with mods getting put in over the winter. Garage isn't heated but I have a portable propane heater that can make things bearable.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:45 AM
Community Organizer

Thumbs up

Wrapped up with another VERY happy customer Michael(or Mike) this past weekend. He then proceeded to head off to NY for a 1K round trip and now going to FL.

He loves the S. It's a "NEW TO HIM" and we found a number of things that need to be addressed so as happy as he is now with the car it should ONLY get better from here.

Checked on his AP1 retainers and he is GOOD. Though we will swap over to AP2 retainers soon and replace a few of the suspension boots/fittings as they are showing their age.

A full bushing swap is in his future too. No easy way around that unless I buy a full set of arms for the car and setup a core-exchange.
Would anyone be interested in such a solution?(CORE EXCHANGE for BUSHINGS SWAP) This way it can be a straight up swap and all the hard work will already be done up front. Though the arms off your car will need to be closely inspected and verified undamaged.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pinky is "The Truth"

WOW!!! Hey S2ki Family...my name is Michael and I recently purchased a dream car (s2000) last month and 1st 2 days of purchase I put 500 miles on it easily!...after the 3rd day I joined the family on S2ki and meet, spoke and.even had a small car gathering with S2ki community helpers! After my enjoyment I decided that my next goal was to go to...you guessed it! LHT Performance in Florida, I watched plenty of videos of there Exceptional Excellence for the S2000...I have to go! Fast forward 1 weeks later I contacted a helpful and experienced S2ki (JacobFatz) who had purchased a wrecked s2k and he Completely restored/repaired and tracked the car..and It encouraged me to truly enjoy my s2k. Then to my surprise from (JacobFatz), I met Moe with his very CLEAN s2k and Hans with his very CLEAN ALSO GPW..lol from s2ki. I apologize for the long winded comment but just a week later I met up with pinky and he is a True S2ki Role model! I Spiritedly drive to his Awesome house and he Completely restored to s2k! He has all so much valuable knowledge, information and expertise on S2000 's. But my Overall impression/experience was, Beyond Great!..very real, honest, positive and very thoughtful! It was a little bit brisk( like late December NY brisk) and we went inside and I met his wonderful Family and all!. Now..I get your getting tired of my introduction into the s2000 world...ok..ok..let me get your blood pumping again..Ok right after I left pinky, I spontaneously drove straight to Ny...hey I h
just got the "S" Right, and i don't have to work.. cool..visited family in Ny and now heading back home to Fayettville I decided that I missed my wife...lol again spontaneously Drove to Ny to Test the Quality of the S...lol..now I get home and get the wife and we Ride Straight to St.Pertersburg Fl and go from Jax to Orlando to Tampa, a cross the Skyway bridge up to holiday and then....!!!@@@@@!!!!!!!!!.. my wife was like I thought you were going to... "LHT PERFORMANCE"!! Yeah..wifey dropped the bomb yall! Lol..I race over and TO ME SURPRISE..THERE IN THE NEW NSX IS DRIVING TOWARDS ME "JOHN" FROM LHT PERFORMANCE !!! as me and my wife said.."WHAT ARE THE ODDS"!! and it was a couple of hours John spent with us and we had a blast!! I would like to add this, there are Awesome people out there who are true and they really care and are truly concerned about you and want you to enjoy life, family and good friends. Please enjoy your time and support anyone who is willing to go the extra mile just to keep you safe!!

and if there are any car meets let me know!
here are some pictures of the trip,
Enjoy:-)

Last edited by CORN BREAD; 12-08-2018 at 08:16 AM. Reason: updating info
Old 12-08-2018, 07:48 AM

Default S2000 trip

Take a look of the pictures in my photo album on my page thanks!

Last edited by CORN BREAD; 12-08-2018 at 08:19 AM. Reason: updated
Old 12-10-2018, 04:14 AM
Community Organizer

Here you go Mike. Nice backdrop BTW.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:36 AM

Talking Nice!

Old 02-12-2019, 07:33 AM
Community Organizer

Took a break from jobs this weekend to re-check my valve adjustments done last summer. There were only 4 valves that I found that were slightly off vs. the PERFECT gap I was looking for. By slightly off I would say maybe 1/2 a feeler gauge thickness.

While doing that I decided to swap back to summer wheels. I found the front right strut had some oil on it and thus likely blown......IT WAS. So swapped that out for 2 struts I had under the work bench. Probably need to do the rears too! I will probably need to swap out the sway bar bushings too.

Energy Suspension bushings are holding up nicely and look great! Then said well better check the serpentine belt bearings as another S I just had in needed that done. YUP THAT'S BAD TOO - tensioner definitely, idler pulley was ok but since it was the same bearing size mind as well order 2 and do BOTH!

So that was loads of fun as one thing lead to another!

Looking for ONE MORE PERSON that needs a soft top replaced in the next month or so. I have one signed up and is "ready when I am" but I would like to get 2 done back to back over a weekend. I am offering this 2nd spot at a very good introductory price as these will be my first tops done for customers.

Of course, all my other services are available.

If people are interested in a Tech Day let's try and schedule something, as far ahead of time as possible!
Old 02-12-2019, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested in a tech day. I have some springs I have to install at some point and a tech day would force me to do so
Old 02-14-2019, 05:31 PM

I'd be interested in a tech day as well.
I purchased my second S (GPW) about 10 years after I sold my first one (Black) and I am curious to see how it has held up.
Also, it'd be great to get plugged back into the s2ki community of which I left many years ago... Probably all new faces now!

Old 02-15-2019, 05:14 AM
Community Organizer

Awesome guys! Let's start throwing out dates. Just not the March 23rd weekend. Not sure how soon people are looking to be out on the roads or how soon spring might actually SHOW UP and stop playing peek-a-boo with us.

Oh and on a side note there is a possible - Cars n Coffee Morrisville - March 2nd @ 1101 Shiloh Glenn Drive, Morrisville, NC

Are Saturdays or SUNDAYS better for people?

Last edited by Pinky; 02-15-2019 at 05:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Mechanic work done BY AN S2000 OWNER