Soft top replacements in the Carolina's

Old 06-11-2018, 07:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had sent Tphong a PM, but don't recall hearing back. I haven't ordered my top yet, but I am in Durham and need to get it done. The split is getting worse.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by mintyphresh
Hey Pinky and Tphong. I'm in Chapel Hill and just took possession of a 2002 Suzuka Blue. And she needs a top. Is this group idea still live?
Originally Posted by gephelps
I had sent Tphong a PM, but don't recall hearing back. I haven't ordered my top yet, but I am in Durham and need to get it done. The split is getting worse.

I'm sure he'll reach out shortly. Look him up on the Book of Faces. I'm sure he'd travel to do 2 tops since you two are close.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made my escape from the Book of Faces and am too newb to send a PM. I did send an email to TPhong directly. Just ordered a patch kit, so I might stay dry for a little while.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:16 AM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Hey guys.........trying to help everyone out I sent another message over to TPhong and he said that they just had a baby so traveling is going to be sidelined for a while.(understandably so)

Still will try and put together a Tech Day this summer and if anyone needs a hand putting on patches I am happy to lend a hand but it's pretty straight forward. Best idea I saw was using metal plate and magnets to hold the patch on while glue sets up.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:15 AM

What do folks use for a patch kit? I found a bunch of different suggestions, but most sound like they don't work very long.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:11 PM

I just used Tear-Aid to patch a hole in a patch that I think was also Tear-Aid. Not permanent, but seems to hold up pretty well.
Amazon Amazon
Old 04-20-2020, 11:35 AM

Default Soft top replacement

Toyo,
I emailed you directly, but maybe it hit your spam folder, and I'm too new to PM. I need a new top on my 2006. Wondering if you're still available and when we could get this done.
Thanks,
Donny
Old 04-27-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by scdriver18
Toyo,
I emailed you directly, but maybe it hit your spam folder, and I'm too new to PM. I need a new top on my 2006. Wondering if you're still available and when we could get this done.
Thanks,
Donny
Pinky ended up doing mine and I don't know how many others. That had to be more than a year ago and I have been happy it got done. See the thread Soft top replacements -NOW Scheduling. He did some other stuff for me, but I don't think it was on that trip.

Last edited by gephelps; 04-28-2020 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Linkage
Old 09-06-2020, 04:49 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry our schedules didn’t line up, but glad you got it done!

Originally Posted by gephelps
Pinky ended up doing mine and I don't know how many others. That had to be more than a year ago and I have been happy it got done. See the thread Soft top replacements -NOW Scheduling. He did some other stuff for me, but I don't think it was on that trip.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

So, has anyone had any issues with the Robbins Top?
Had mine replaced in 2014 (see Page 3) with no issues.
Car has been rarely driven (less than 1x per month) and garage stored with the top up but not latched.

Got the car inspected today and when i picked it up the panel below the glass was completely detached.
The high temp in Raleigh today is 93, but that shouldn't have melted the adhesive.

ideas? it is too tight to stretch back onto the glass.and match the adhesive line.

Quick Reply: Soft top replacements in the Carolina's