Carolinas A Better Place to Be

***NEW CAR***

Old 11-26-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya im a genius.

I opened the door to push it into the driveway, not thinking that my durango was on the left in the same driveway. I started pushing it. Then it went faster, and faster, and faster! I noticed that I had about 2 inches of clearance between the lotus and the durango that I was supposed to fit into. Lately I have lost 15 lbs due to sickness, so I could have probably fit into that space, but I didnt take any chances. I jumped into the car and stepped onto the ...... CLUTCH!

I looked left, and saw that now i have a modified elise that is way easier to enter, due to my door opening an additional 50 degrees. I also accelerate a tad faster due to a lighter hp/weight ratio, although not too much fiberglass is missing. I then had to jump out of the car, but my 3 year old son was in the passenger seat experiencing all the new words. He tried to get me to stop crying by showing me his new toy.
I asked him to get out of the car, but he did not want to, so I got out on the left to push myself a space to get out. I pushed the car by hand again, since my keys were in the house. GUESS WHAT! I cleared a good 3 foot space to get out, and realized that I could not unless the car would stand still. I jumped into the car as it was moving to stop it from moving and I hit the clutch again. This time though, I quickly moved my foot to the brake and it didnt cause any more damage. I climbed out onto the roof of the elise and jumped off.

I dont have a way to put pics on the web, but the door is damaged, the hinge, the fender, the side light, and the front clam is cracked in areas unrelated to the crash due to weaknesses in design. GO ME!!

Brian
Old 11-26-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_HNDA,Nov 26 2006, 08:51 AM
It was Friday November 10th, I was heading towards winston salem, the lotus was heading away from winston salem
Oh ya I remember that day. IT was a peculiar one because I noticed all the squirrels were missing from the road.