Carolinas A Better Place to Be

BMW Club Autocross 12/6

Old 10-21-2003, 06:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BMW Club Autocross 12/6

I attended the BMW Club's autocross last December and it was A BLAST. If you've ever autocrossed, this is a 'must attend' event. It will be a an open, fast course, and if you've ever been to the Michelin facility, you know there's no better venue in SC for autoX. If you've never autocrossed, it will be an excellent event to give it a try, as it's not an SCCA points event and the couse will be easy to follow and understand. I'll be there for sure!

Here's the info:

On Saturday, December 6th, 2003, the Sandlapper Chapter BMW CCA will host it's 3rd annual autocross at the Black Lake facility on Michelin's Proving Grounds in Mountville, SC (near Laurens.) The layout will consist of a large and fast autocross course and a WET skid pad (either circular or Figure 8.) Everyone should get at least 6 runs on the course and 2 tries on the skid pad. Fun runs will be offered after the event for those people that want to stay around to help clean up the cones. We will have lunch catered by Charlie's Bar-B-Que of Greenville.

Here's the schedule:

Arrival/Registration: 8:00a - 9:00a
Tech/Track Walk: 8:00a - 9:20a
Drivers Meeting: 9:30a - 9:50a
First car out: 10:00a

All drivers are REQUIRED to attend the drivers meeting.
All cars MUST be teched prior to being driven on course.

There will be a limit of 88 drivers for the event, so register early to be accepted and to reduce the last minute rush on our registration staff. Registration is open now thru November 24th, late registration is from November 25th to December 1st. Cost is $50 for BMW CCA members, $65 for non-members (non-refundable.) Late registration fee is $10. If you need a loaner helmet, there is a $10 rental fee for the day. Helmets are to be returned after your on-track session is complete. You may pay by check, money order, or PayPal!

For directions, go to www.mapquest.com and enter 2440 Highway 39, Mountville, SC 29370

If you're interested, here's what you need to do:

Download the entry form: click here
Fill out the form and send payment.

Make the check to: Sandlapper Chapter Motorsport

Mail to: Sandlapper Chapter Motorsport
c/o Deronda Hale
1404 Banner Lane
York, SC 29745

To use PayPal!, send funds to: scbmwcca@rjsonline.net. Enter "Autocross 2003" in subject line. Send the complete dollar amount including any applicable charges such as non-member fee, late fee, or loaner helmet fee.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:01 AM

Update: on Saturday 11/1, the BMW club is hosting a 'car control clinic' for teens. They will be doing lane change, slalom, skid pad and other exercises. If we get 5 or more workers to help them work the event, we get to play on the course while the kiddies are in the classroom, and we get the $15 'non-bmw club' member fee knocked off the autoX in December... Any takers?
Old 10-23-2003, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's tempting, when and where is the clinic going to be? And are they going to have a pop up moose?
Old 10-23-2003, 04:16 AM

It will be at the same site as the autoX -- The Michelin proving grounds near Laurens, SC on 11/1. No pop-up moose, but a good set of autoX-like course elements to practice on or use as a test-n-tune...
Old 11-10-2003, 04:29 AM

Got an email from the organizer of this event asking if the s2k owners were too scared to come play with the BMW owners!

Seriously, this is a GREAT event, with LOTS of seat time. Register today, because they may be forced to cancel the event if there are not enough entries.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the bmw guys must not like trophies if they are asking us to come

i'll come if the weather is around 50...yah, im a wimp
Old 11-10-2003, 06:58 AM

I am waiting to hear from Summit Point about going there on the 5th. If I go there I may not make it back in time. If I don't go I would be really interested.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:07 PM

Bump.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:56 AM

Still figuring out if I can make it. I'd really like to. It'll be $75 at the event, right? Does that include BBQ?
Old 12-02-2003, 06:21 AM

Bryan, The app from says 'by dec 1'. Since it is the 2nd today.... can I still get in?

Quick Reply: BMW Club Autocross 12/6