Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Carolinas Autox and Trackday Dates

Old 08-14-2013, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RC, I'd be happy to ride with you (and you're welcome to ride along with me for a few). It looks like it's going to be a really fun event, and you could get as many runs as a full year of regular autox's.

Andy, I don't see you registered yet! I'm expecting a ride in the supercharged monster, dammit!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL, sorry! I'll get reg'd up ASAP. The goal is to have this #&*%@*#% car back up and running well enough to attend the Wednesday night event at the end of August as a "make-sure-nothing-breaks" test event. That will either confirm or deny my ability to take my car up there for the 24 hr event. If the car is still a no-go by then, I'll be car hopping at the event so expect me to come begging for a co-drive! LOL.

I'm also trying to work out the logistics of having someone drive my tires up for me, else I'll be stuck on my current 7 year-old factory street tires. I'm trying hard to catch up with the 1st place driver in SSM, but I've missed events and was competing in Tire class for the first few events of the year, so I think I screwed myself on that one unless he ends up missing an event or two at the end.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by ScandinavianFlick
RC, I'd be happy to ride with you (and you're welcome to ride along with me for a few). It looks like it's going to be a really fun event, and you could get as many runs as a full year of regular autox's.

Andy, I don't see you registered yet! I'm expecting a ride in the supercharged monster, dammit!
I'll put it down on my calendar. Sadly, I'll be stuck on street tires, but any experience is better than no experience.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:37 PM

Bump for a reminder!!!

Night Event #3 is this Wednesday night at Metrolina Expo in N. Charlotte!
http://ccrscca.proboards.com/thread/6133/night-event-3

And the big 24 Hour event is this weekend (noon Saturday - noon Sunday) at Dixie Fairgrounds in Winston Salem!
http://ccrscca.proboards.com/thread/...ox-fairgrounds

I will definitely be there in my car for the 24 hour event, but still not sure at this time if it will be with the SC active or not. I will also be thrashing around my friend's brand new WRX; this will be his first event in it and he doesn't know it yet, but he NEEDS me to break it in for him, LOL.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I will see everybody at the 24hr event in Winston Salem. What all classes is everybody competing in? I will be competing in BSP.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:03 AM

Ohhhh BSP huh? Will you be running slicks?

I'll be in SSM, but not sure if I'll have my Hoosiers with me or not. Andrew runs in STR. There is usually a good S2000 turnout in STR and BS (or BS-Tire).

If you aren't running slicks you should sub-index into Tire class. Its very competitive which makes it fun and will have a lot more people than BSP.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:39 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

What pads are you guys running, and do you swap for auto-x and track events or run them 24x7?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
What pads are you guys running, and do you swap for auto-x and track events or run them 24x7?
I run CL Brakes RC6 (used to use RC5+, but i was getting nasty fade at CMP). I ran them 24/7 when the red S was my only car; now I usually drive the silver car to work.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:21 AM

I run Carbotech AX6 now. My car only sees autox and a few street miles, no track days. The AX6 wouldn't stand worth s**t on the track, but for autox they are amazing. The first aggressive punch of the brakes is all it takes and they are up to optimum bite. They've been very consistent for me because even a long autox course is only maybe 80 seconds long, and grid times are such that they cool down some but don't lose all their heat. But even if they do have a chance to cool off too much, the normal bite will be back after the first corner.

They're fine on the street, but very dusty and if you don't get them hot every other time you drive the car then they'll squeal like mad at light pedal pressure.

The S2000's stock pads and rotors fared well for me all while I was in BS Tire and STR. We have one of the best braking cars out there from the factory. Most autoxers who have never been in an S2000 before commented on the brakes after they rode along.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:39 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Curious you say AX6 wouldn't stand up on the track, have you run on a road course with them? SoS actually recommends AX6 for auto-x, hpde, track, and time trials. They say to step up to the XP10 for a dedicated track car.

Thinking about picking up some spare pads for VIR in 2 weeks but it seems like there is no conclusive evidence to merit one pad over another, just personal preference. If I get brake fade with stock pads I could swap out between sessions or Saturday evening after things wrap up...

Quick Reply: Carolinas Autox and Trackday Dates