Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Carolinas Autox and Trackday Dates

Old 08-27-2013, 11:26 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
Curious you say AX6 wouldn't stand up on the track, have you run on a road course with them? SoS actually recommends AX6 for auto-x, hpde, track, and time trials. They say to step up to the XP10 for a dedicated track car.

Thinking about picking up some spare pads for VIR in 2 weeks but it seems like there is no conclusive evidence to merit one pad over another, just personal preference. If I get brake fade with stock pads I could swap out between sessions or Saturday evening after things wrap up...
Carbotech themselves say that the AX6 is specifically made for autox. The top of the operating range is 1100F, significantly lower than their go-to track pads for our cars, the XP8 (1350F) and the XP10 (1650+F). Track conditions would just overwhelm the AX6 and the fade would be horrendous.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:58 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Ok cool. Logic makes sense but I didn't know if you had first hand experience with AX6 on a road course. I may end up with XP8's or XP10's as a track setup since I've yet to find my OEM brakes lacking on the street, but who knows.

Regarding the CL Brakes RC6 model that @ScandavianFlick pointed out, I couldn't get any info on them from my work VPN (everything related to them was blocked?) but now that I'm home I see they are more expensive for a seemingly comparable pad.

I suspect this will be trial and error. The saying goes that if you want to turn a large fortune in to a small fortune, race cars or own horses. There's 3 problems I have with that statement - I race cars, my wife has a horse, and we don't have a large fortune
Old 08-27-2013, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the RC6 pads too. They are pricy, but I love them because they have great grip and require virtually no bedding in, at least as long as you keep a separate set of front rotors if you plan to switch back and forth to stock pads. The RC5+ pads are fine for autox and certain tracks like Roebling. I would stay away from their endurance pad, as the deposits have so much metal content they rusted on my paint and was a pain to get off.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Ohhhh BSP huh? Will you be running slicks?

I'll be in SSM, but not sure if I'll have my Hoosiers with me or not. Andrew runs in STR. There is usually a good S2000 turnout in STR and BS (or BS-Tire).

If you aren't running slicks you should sub-index into Tire class. Its very competitive which makes it fun and will have a lot more people than BSP.
No I am not running slicks, I am on AD08s the only thing that puts me in BSP is my Voltex Wing LOL. I have changed classes twice this year, I went from STR to BSP and soon to FP because I am putting on a different front but I am going to wait till next season because I am currently leading BSP in points in the SC region. I have never thought about running tire class, I will look into it thanks.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:47 AM

How was it?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
How was it?
Awesome. I don't recall seeing a BSP Suzuka there though? Me and Andrew were only there for the first 12 hours. Sounds like attendance fell off quick after that.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Originally Posted by InsaneSp' timestamp='1378230421' post='22759100
How was it?
Awesome. I don't recall seeing a BSP Suzuka there though? Me and Andrew were only there for the first 12 hours. Sounds like attendance fell off quick after that.
Yea man sorry about that. I put on a header, cat, and exhaust Friday and threw my upstream 02 code so the car is not very happy when you stop, beceause it dies lol so I was not gonna drive it 3 hrs to run it, but I did order an 02 cel fix for my header so it should be good for the 28th at Myrtle Beach if you or anybody else is going to that one I sure I will see yall there.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:42 AM

Wait... I thought the only o2 sensor you were suppose to do the CEL fix for was the downstream one? I'm not sure that putting one of the CEL fix things on the upstream sensor is going to help. Or at least I've never read about someone putting the CEL fix on their upstream o2 sensor...
Old 09-05-2013, 06:36 AM

Well I figured I would at least give it try one because it is cheaper/easier fix than buying another sensor right now; but as for the function of the cel fix it should work being as it would do the same thing the down steam would do as trick the sensor into thinking that there is less exhaust then there actually is, but we will see.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:45 AM

VIR with THSCC this weekend was great, I highly recommend it. Had a blast and even improved my lines and times consistently throughout the weekend. After my first track event as a driver (have crewed several times), I got signed off for the next run group, even with an incident in session 6. I spun at +/-70 mph in 3rd between turns 1 and 2 due to power on oversteer, ended up in the infield grass. Bonus points because i got the spin on the GoPro. Car is fine, drove back in to go over it mechanically and went back out for sessions 7 and 8. The only thing I can find is that the steering wheel is now about 5* off center...LOL

One of many photos, coming out of 5b

Quick Reply: Carolinas Autox and Trackday Dates