Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Carolinas Autox and Trackday Dates

Old 08-30-2017, 01:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ckowalc
Not sure how many of you are aware but Randy Pobst lives very close to Atlanta Motorsports Park and frequently visits during track days/nights. While he was standing in the paddock, I asked if he would like to drive my car expected him to decline but he said yes and was waiting all day for someone to ask him to drive their car. He was pretty critical of the way the car handled and I agree with him. So I've got some setup work to do.

Disregard the fact his was his 5th full lap in the car, he was holding a conversation and he had a bit of a ballast in the passenger seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze7VeEYB3g8
Randy was at Charlotte Motor Speedway for Track Night yesterday. My car was his first "loaner" car he drove for the day. Good to see what others can do with my car so I can see the capabilities and get direct feedback on pros and cons on my build. He found my car to be very stable and progressive with the oversteer. The only odd thing was that he felt power steering being out for a split second doing into Turn 4. After having him mentioned that to me later in the day, I started noticing it to. I need to do some digging on that and how it could be an issue since we have electric power steering.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by usafstud
Randy was at Charlotte Motor Speedway for Track Night yesterday. My car was his first "loaner" car he drove for the day. Good to see what others can do with my car so I can see the capabilities and get direct feedback on pros and cons on my build. He found my car to be very stable and progressive with the oversteer. The only odd thing was that he felt power steering being out for a split second doing into Turn 4. After having him mentioned that to me later in the day, I started noticing it to. I need to do some digging on that and how it could be an issue since we have electric power steering.
Interesting, he did mention going to the Charlotte event when we were talking about the low turnout at AMP. Did he mention anything about how my car handled compared to yours? He complained about entry "snap" oversteer and mid-corner understeer on my car.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:15 PM

Interesting, he did mention going to the Charlotte event when we were talking about the low turnout at AMP. Did he mention anything about how my car handled compared to yours? He complained about entry "snap" oversteer and mid-corner understeer on my car.
I had my own car issue with flat spotted front left tire, which explains the chatter.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:20 PM

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by usafstud
I had my own car issue with flat spotted front left tire, which explains the chatter.

https://youtu.be/15lr3yIMOII
Cool, wanna trade cars? Haha. BTW, I believe a red S2000 with RPF1s and Georgia plates (not sure if hes on here) burned down at the AMP track day on Monday and I eyed his setup before his session and noticed an oil cooler. I was getting gas at the time of the fire and I'm not sure the oil cooler was the cause but double check your connections and line routing guys.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:19 AM

Cool, wanna trade cars? Haha. BTW, I believe a red S2000 with RPF1s and Georgia plates (not sure if hes on here) burned down at the AMP track day on Monday and I eyed his setup before his session and noticed an oil cooler. I was getting gas at the time of the fire and I'm not sure the oil cooler was the cause but double check your connections and line routing guys.
Thanks, I have read of others opionion on oil coolers here. Because of that, I tend to check it every 1-2 sessions. PM me your setup including your alignment So we can compare and diagnose differences. BTW, you sre much faster at CMS than me. I was doing 1:50s and could have had a 1:49 if I didnt hit traffic.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:49 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Roebling Road this weekend. Anyone else going to be there?
Old 09-19-2017, 07:03 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
Roebling Road this weekend. Anyone else going to be there?
Wife's birthday this weekend.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by will010100
Wife's birthday this weekend.
tell her happy birthday from us. You pick up the car yet?
Old 09-20-2017, 04:01 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
tell her happy birthday from us. You pick up the car yet?
Will do. The car should be ready Friday. It probably would have been ready sooner, but I'm traveling this week, so I have them extra time to shout expletives, curse my name, and throw wrenches.

Last edited by will010100; 09-20-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:25 AM

Started raining while on grid and the entire field was on slicks. Ah, the joys of racing in the rain...

Quick Reply: Carolinas Autox and Trackday Dates