Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Carolinas Autox and Trackday Dates

Old 06-09-2018, 11:17 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Afterfire
I might go to the NASA at CMP. I'd like to get my time down at CMP to a consistent 1.48 on 71r's before the end of the year and I might try some one on one from a coach to help but I don't know is NASA coaches have that kind of time to help between their sessions. I might try another org.
If you run an AIM Solo or Solo DL I can compare your data to mine. 48's on a street tire is quick, also totally dependent on track and weather conditions.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
If you run an AIM Solo or Solo DL I can compare your data to mine. 48's on a street tire is quick, also totally dependent on track and weather conditions.
I have a SOLO. My current PB is 1.50.4 but I can use some help with my turn in, trail braking and probably a lot of other things. There's also a video of it in the R&C section. Any help would be awesome!
Old 06-09-2018, 05:54 PM

I have a SOLO. My current PB is 1.50.4 but I can use some help with my turn in, trail braking and probably a lot of other things. There's also a video of it in the R&C section. Any help would be awesome!
PM me a link to the video and if you want to email the corresponding data from that session I can take a look from here. Can also do the same thing in person next weekend, which you may find helpful since you could see the process I use to analyze data.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:23 PM

PM me a link to the video and if you want to email the corresponding data from that session I can take a look from here. Can also do the same thing in person next weekend, which you may find helpful since you could see the process I use to analyze data.
I just looked at the data for the first time on the aim and downloaded it. I sent you a fb friend request too. I'll PM you. I'm looking at my data last lap where i mis-shifted and I'm kicking myself. I would love to see the process you use because all I'm doing is just looking at this raw data not knowing wtf to do with it.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:04 AM

I just looked at the data for the first time on the aim and downloaded it. I sent you a fb friend request too. I'll PM you. I'm looking at my data last lap where i mis-shifted and I'm kicking myself. I would love to see the process you use because all I'm doing is just looking at this raw data not knowing wtf to do with it.
The split report is showing sector times from each lap. Figures highlighted in blue represent the fastest sector time of the session. Theoretical best combines all the fastest sector times in a hypothetical lap, in your case 1:48.5 - be wary of this though since it might not be possible to actually hit that time. Example, if you blow a braking point and come in way too hot, the sector you just completed might be faster than actually possible when compared to a lap where you made the subsequent turn. Either way it's a good target to shoot for and as you build speed, that number should continue to drop. Best rolling lap is the best single lap you did from any point on track - like a lap from turn 8 all the way back to turn 8. Doesn't count since start/finish is the only line that matters but the car actually rolled a 1:49.6 from lap 6 sector 10 (turn 14) and back again. You can also see in the actual fastest lap of the session, lap 7, the sector 10 time was 8.094 seconds when the lap prior was 7.062...this was the lost second from the mis-shift. Had you not missed the shift, we can infer that lap 7 would have been a second faster, or right at 1:49.6.

We primarily use the measures graph for more fine grain analysis but the split report gives a big picture view.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:25 AM

The split report is showing sector times from each lap. Figures highlighted in blue represent the fastest sector time of the session. Theoretical best combines all the fastest sector times in a hypothetical lap, in your case 1:48.5 - be wary of this though since it might not be possible to actually hit that time. Example, if you blow a braking point and come in way too hot, the sector you just completed might be faster than actually possible when compared to a lap where you made the subsequent turn. Either way it's a good target to shoot for and as you build speed, that number should continue to drop. Best rolling lap is the best single lap you did from any point on track - like a lap from turn 8 all the way back to turn 8. Doesn't count since start/finish is the only line that matters but the car actually rolled a 1:49.6 from lap 6 sector 10 (turn 14) and back again. You can also see in the actual fastest lap of the session, lap 7, the sector 10 time was 8.094 seconds when the lap prior was 7.062...this was the lost second from the mis-shift. Had you not missed the shift, we can infer that lap 7 would have been a second faster, or right at 1:49.6.

We primarily use the measures graph for more fine grain analysis but the split report gives a big picture view.
That makes sense.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:58 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm going to instruct with Chin Track Days at VIR this weekend. Will anyone else from this forum be there?
Old 06-28-2018, 12:42 PM

Nope, car is still down. Parts arrived today so I'll look at it this weekend and see if I can get it running again.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone going to VIR with nasa on 25-26 Aug?
Old 07-30-2018, 06:17 AM

It's on my list. Testing at Barber this weekend went well and I'm running Indy in 2 weeks, so assuming everything is fine I'll likely end up going to VIR with MidA.

Quick Reply: Carolinas Autox and Trackday Dates