Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Casey's Mugen HT Headliner

Old 12-10-2009, 02:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dressed2Kill,Dec 9 2009, 12:35 PM
You should PM Jon (rajun asian). He has a oem hardtop and lives in statesville. I bet he would be happy to take part in this.
Good lookin' out, Rob.

Gavin has already contacted me. We have actually discussed this in the past but I wouldnlt want to "waste" a free headliner on an OEM hardtop. I actually like the headliner of the OEM top.

If I had a Mugen top, this thread wouldn't exist.

SOMEONE TRADE ME YOUR MUGEN TOP!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rajun asian,Dec 10 2009, 03:28 AM
Good lookin' out, Rob.

Gavin has already contacted me. We have actually discussed this in the past but I wouldnlt want to "waste" a free headliner on an OEM hardtop. I actually like the headliner of the OEM top.

If I had a Mugen top, this thread wouldn't exist.

SOMEONE TRADE ME YOUR MUGEN TOP!
Yeah lol, someone hook him up!! Whoever gets here first we'll move on with. Whoever that may be, we will discuss major details with at the shop.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like it should be Casey to me, because I too like my OEM top liner, but wouldn't mind adding some bling in there for the low price of "no charge."
Old 12-10-2009, 01:57 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a Shine HardTop. Which is basically a version of the Spoon hardtop but with side windows. The Shine and Spoon hardtop's dont normally come with a headliner, so there may be a nice market for headliners for this top.

I wouldnt mind lending mine, however its being painted at the moment and it may be a few weeks before i could get it over to you guys.

Here are a few photos so you may get an idea of how different this hardtop is from the OEM or Mugen Hardtop you'd commonly see.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:17 PM

Jesus Kenny your car is sexy. What front bumper do you have? Hey also, PM me your number if you will, I have a friend who wants the back window of her Audi tinted. Thanks man.

Josh
Old 12-10-2009, 03:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks man!

i have the OEM AP2 bumper with the Mugen Lip :thumbsup:
Old 12-10-2009, 04:43 PM

Spoke with Casey today when he came by the shop so it looks like we'll be going with his Mugen HT for this test run. We're going to be using a product called Ultrasuede which is much more durable and much softer than Alcantara. Should turn out really nice with what we have planned. I'll post a play by play as we proceed on it. He's bringing it up on the 20th which is a Sunday and it should be completed by the 22nd (Tuesday). Thanks Casey.

On a side note, I'd love to do one for the Spoon/Shine HT but right now we can only offer one free test run. Hopefully if this drums up enough business, we can do it.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by s2kpwned,Dec 10 2009, 09:43 PM
Spoke with Casey today when he came by the shop so it looks like we'll be going with his Mugen HT for this test run. We're going to be using a product called Ultrasuede which is much more durable and much softer than Alcantara. Should turn out really nice with what we have planned. I'll post a play by play as we proceed on it. He's bringing it up on the 20th which is a Sunday and it should be completed by the 22nd (Tuesday). Thanks Casey.

On a side note, I'd love to do one for the Spoon/Shine HT but right now we can only offer one free test run. Hopefully if this drums up enough business, we can do it.
This. Please keep us updated. Maybe if I really like the way Casey's looks I can let my car be the tester for the OEM top and you guys can give me a reduce rate if I promote you and post pictures all over the internets??!?!?!!

Haha, Gavin I can't wait to see this. I am not normally one who is into tricking out interiors (just comfort and a sound system, and how the hell do you make a go cart like the S comfortable) but something about this and all the pictures of alcantara and people color matching their interiors gets me all excited.

If you guys could make something like this for cheaper, I would probably lose it all over myself

Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 AM

I too would be interested in serving up my genuine Mugen hard top for this experiment. Red leather would go fer well with my interior and would photograph even better than black. I am in Augusta, but can transport or meet haf way if need be.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Crackerballer,Dec 10 2009, 07:08 PM
This. Please keep us updated. Maybe if I really like the way Casey's looks I can let my car be the tester for the OEM top and you guys can give me a reduce rate if I promote you and post pictures all over the internets??!?!?!!

Haha, Gavin I can't wait to see this. I am not normally one who is into tricking out interiors (just comfort and a sound system, and how the hell do you make a go cart like the S comfortable) but something about this and all the pictures of alcantara and people color matching their interiors gets me all excited.

If you guys could make something like this for cheaper, I would probably lose it all over myself

I'm not sure how much Cyclone (don't know his real name) charged for that interior so I'm not sure what cheaper would be. Also, if you look at the stitching around the top of the seat, it doesn't meet up with the stitching on the inside part of the seat. The stitching around the top goes extremely wide too. That kind of work would never leave this shop with our name on it. The only thing that has the ability to walk out of here is perfection, plain and simple. We could definitely discuss something with Allen if you would like, after seeing Casey's HT. Also, feel free to check out our website (in my sig) to see some of our more recent work. The '61 Impala just took best of show at a recent GM car show out of 650 registered cars and a Meguir's Pick at Goodguys in Charlotte.

The general problem that we've seen is that people will spend all their cash on the exterior, engine, etc., but go cheap on their interior. This is very puzzling since that's where the customer is, while driving the vehicle. Allen is accustomed to doing $20k+ interiors but also making less expensive interiors look just as good with selecting the right materials and so on. Granted, the hot rods that he's been doing offer more room than the S, but there are still an infinite number of possibilities with customizing the interior on the S.

Gavin

Quick Reply: Casey's Mugen HT Headliner