Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Fellow F/I people in NC I need some help

Old 05-11-2010, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Fellow F/I people in NC I need some help

I'm moving here from NJ and I'll need to change my registration and insurance to NC.
My concern is I had a contact in NJ to help me pass inspection with my turbo kit.
So I'm looking for a garage that will give me inspection, You can PM me with the info.
Any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 PM

Mike!!!!! What's up buddy, welcome to the derrty south! Unfortunately I don't know of any shops to hook you up with, but don't sweat "the law" with the you need to swap everything over in 60 days thing... I still have my NY license 3 years later and am actually going to take my DMV test this week for a NC license, but only because I'm picking up a bike on saturday and need a motorcycle permit to register it. As long as you don't mind paying your NJ insurance I would just rip off the inpsection sticker when its up and play stupid if you get pulled over. You can always renew your registration over the phone. Just an idea from one scammer yankee to another.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:11 AM

Hey Mike whats up bro are you in NC or SC ? I can't remember
I was thinking about doing what you said but I'll still need an address up in
NJ for the insurance and registration. I guess I could do that but I would have
ask one of my friends to let me use there address. If I was going to do that I
might ad well do that in FL where they don't have inspection from what I understand.
I was even considering switching over to Kpro so I could have the OB2 compatibility
but its so damn expensive you know. I thought maybe some F/I guys in this area
could help me out. But no luck so far not sure what I'm going to do now.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,May 11 2010, 03:31 PM
Mike!!!!! What's up buddy, welcome to the derrty south! Unfortunately I don't know of any shops to hook you up with, but don't sweat "the law" with the you need to swap everything over in 60 days thing... I still have my NY license 3 years later and am actually going to take my DMV test this week for a NC license, but only because I'm picking up a bike on saturday and need a motorcycle permit to register it. As long as you don't mind paying your NJ insurance I would just rip off the inpsection sticker when its up and play stupid if you get pulled over. You can always renew your registration over the phone. Just an idea from one scammer yankee to another.
Or be a honest Yankee like myself and swap over to a NC plate, then find a shop that will be willing to pass the car......

Oh wait that's not honest....as you were
Old 05-13-2010, 09:15 AM

ljsimp your a Yankee too where are you from ?

I have met a lot of people already that have moved down here like I did. Can't say as I blame them I'm loving the weather down here.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:24 AM

were all yankees lol im from long island! i played the registration game and got burned i wouldnt do it again. good luck finding someone to pay off its hard because its a felony to pass a car with no cats or non dot parts.. i got someone but they wont help anybody but me its to much of a risk
Old 05-17-2010, 09:12 AM

Glad to hear I'm not the only yankee LOL!!! hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you guys. Once I get the car back together and down here I want to go to some meets. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:19 AM
mlc

Another yankee here...Long Island as well but I have been here so long I think I am considered "converted" at this point.

Are you near Raleigh?

If so we get together the first Saturday of the month. Check back in here I will post it up a couple of weeks before.

Welcome.

Kevin
Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 AM

I'm in Goldboro actually and my car isn't running at the moment. But once I get it running I figure I'll post up and introduce myself and try and attend some meets.
I'd like to get to know some people around here and some good roads to cruise on.

Thanks