S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Carolinas (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/)
-   -   Hit & Run on my baby :( (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/hit-run-my-baby-141437/)

funsdead 08-05-2003 04:17 PM

Hit & Run on my baby :(

Yep it happened, someone nailed me...put a dent in the trunk about the size of 2 softballs and scraped up my bumper pretty bad :( I'm really upset because I'm already paying out the wazoo for insurance (1800 a year) and now I have to make another claim.

Most of you know my glass window was replaced last month due to a rock chip. The installer chipped my fender and hood :( The company made good and was going to cut a $650 check over to the body shop of my choosing. My plan was to have a new oem bumper put on (which I already have btw in the garage) and pay out of pocket to have the bumper, the other fender and blend work into the doors to make it look good. Now I don't know :( May as well just have the entire car re-painted....?

I dunno what to do. Maybe I jwill return it to stock, knock out the dent with a mallot and trade it in for S #3. I'd hate to shell out all this money to have the car re-painted. :(

Portland 08-05-2003 04:19 PM

damn dude. that sucks.

that happened me once. pissed me off pretty good.

hope everything works out.

ScottyBallistic 08-05-2003 04:28 PM

I know how you feel ( it sucks )
something to make you feel better, I pay $2600 a year (wana trade )

I,m lost without mine ,the ebrake went on mine 1 1/2 weeks ago and went down the street for a ride.It t-boned another car and had a telephone go up the whole passengers side.Shes still in the shop , I wont get her back for a couple of weeks.

PROFILES2000 08-05-2003 04:32 PM

Oh damn IM sorry to hear this. Good luck with your decision

MyBad 08-05-2003 04:46 PM

You just need to get your lazy dented up rear end down to Wilmy this weekend for Mod Day. We'll take care of it for ya.

:D :LOL: :D

Seriously though, put the OEM front bumper on, sell me that highly USED and nastily modded front end for a reasonable price and get a '04.

I can wait. :D

Golden Eagle 08-05-2003 04:48 PM

"I feel your pain" :banghead:

To think, just yesterday I got all over my son for cleaning the garage without putting the cover on my"S" first!

Busch 08-05-2003 05:19 PM

DUDE!!! Did this happen at work??? we will find the car if so!!! i just left you a vm. Give me a call later.

S2k Awe 08-05-2003 05:55 PM

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Idiots that can't drive, should not be allowed to drive.

Irresponsible Idiots that can't drive, and cause problems, should be shot.:rocket: :flame:

airgate 08-06-2003 03:35 AM

Dan. . .

Sell, Sell, Sell!

:LOL: :rofl: :D :p

Just kidding. I hate how folks have ZERO RESPECT in the world today. Little shit, he (or she) will get what's coming to them.:thumbdn: :mad:

Tack 08-06-2003 04:39 AM

Dan, sorry to hear. I am dreading the day that it happens to me as well.

Steve