Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Mechanic in Charleston, SC?

Old 08-21-2017, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanic in Charleston, SC?

Just wanted to see if anyone had a recommendation for a reputable mechanic in the Charleston, SC area? Right now, I need to have a ton of maintenance work (engine coolant, differential fluid, transmission fluid, oil & filter), but I'm new to the area and would love to get connected with a mechanic as I'll probably need a new clutch in the not-so-distant future.

Thanks!
Andrew
Old 08-22-2017, 08:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you, sounds like we need a tech day...I'm toying with the idea of going to a dealership but dont wanna pull the trigger just yet.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey guys! I have resorted to doing most of this stuff myself. You just never know what you are going to get with a random mechanic. However, I have a really good recommendation if you are willing to drive to Columbia. There is a tech at Honda of Columbia named Ryan. He's an avid S2000 owner and on the forum quite a bit. He might even be able to do some of your work on the side to save you some money. Send me a PM if you want his information.

Also, if it's easy stuff like changing fluids I can help you with that stuff. We would just have to schedule a time in advance and you would have to order any parts needed.
The following users liked this post:
LDfavoriteson (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by ClemsonWill
Hey guys! I have resorted to doing most of this stuff myself. You just never know what you are going to get with a random mechanic. However, I have a really good recommendation if you are willing to drive to Columbia. There is a tech at Honda of Columbia named Ryan. He's an avid S2000 owner and on the forum quite a bit. He might even be able to do some of your work on the side to save you some money. Send me a PM if you want his information.

Also, if it's easy stuff like changing fluids I can help you with that stuff. We would just have to schedule a time in advance and you would have to order any parts needed.
I'll be sure to keep this in mind. I have an upcoming appointment at Stokes Honda, so hopefully that'll go smoothy (fingers crossed). I just need oil, transmission, and the diff fluid changed. I'll make sure to remember Honda of Columbia/pm you if I need anything more extensive. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2017, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by LDfavoriteson
I'll be sure to keep this in mind. I have an upcoming appointment at Stokes Honda, so hopefully that'll go smoothy (fingers crossed). I just need oil, transmission, and the diff fluid changed. I'll make sure to remember Honda of Columbia/pm you if I need anything more extensive. Thanks!
Sounds good. Just let me know.
The following users liked this post:
sturkman (02-01-2018)
Old 09-02-2017, 03:21 PM

Just wanted to say, I highly recommend Stokes Honda, they did a great job and took great care of my car. At one point, I was doing the fluid changes myself, but sold my quick jack to help fund my move. Stokes might keep me lazy lol. Would not hesitate to go there!
Old 09-06-2017, 01:17 PM

Just wanted to say, I highly recommend Stokes Honda, they did a great job and took great care of my car. At one point, I was doing the fluid changes myself, but sold my quick jack to help fund my move. Stokes might keep me lazy lol. Would not hesitate to go there!
Awesome! thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

How much did they charge you for replacing differential and transmission fluids?
Old 09-10-2017, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by vspectra
How much did they charge you for replacing differential and transmission fluids?
sent you a pm
Old 09-14-2017, 04:07 PM

I had another positive experience today. Got my koyo radiator installed at avtuning today. Awesome shop would definitely recommend. Tried to upload a pic but this site is acting crazy once again smh

Quick Reply: Mechanic in Charleston, SC?