Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Is it a Mid Life Crisis and if so, who cares?

Old 09-22-2017, 10:50 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

F*** midlife crisis. I started my midlife crisis when I was 29 ... I looked forward to it. Midlife crisis is a label boring dullards that wear khaki pants and tucked in polos on the weekends (When they DONT have to wear them for work) give to people who actually enjoy themselves as they age So if someone wants to say I am going through midlife crisis at 41 for driving a bright yellow S2k with solo nationals stickers all over it then hey ... midlife crisis it is!

I do not believe that growing up means you have to be stuffy and drive a 5 series bmw or minivan.

I make good money, I wear skate shoes, baggy shorts and normally skate, snowboard or car related t-shirts when not at work (Although I do wear jeans and nicer Nike Skate shoes to work ... small engineering firms are fun ...sssshhhhh), I own too many cars, the newest being a 2013, drive the S2k some days and a scion tC (that used to be run in STF class when I autocrossed it, so it is lowered) most others unless I am in the pickup or SUV. So I guess people would say I am full on midlife crisis if it werent for the fact that this is how I have been for years

If you like the S2k enough, get one! You can always sell it later and get something else if you want. I certainly would get one over a miata, Miatas are awesome on track, but to me are just another miata on the street. The S2k has more to offer overall in my opinion. I have thought about a ratty miata with blizzaks for a winter car though. Yep .. said that and know a few others in MN that have winter miatas. They are a blast The vette is also a nice choice, and I thought down that path at one time, but landed on the S2k.