S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Carolinas (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/)
-   -   MY BABY HAS BEEN RECOVERED! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/my-baby-has-been-recovered-276235/)

aceprince 03-16-2005 10:35 AM

MY BABY HAS BEEN RECOVERED!

Hey Everyone,

Well Brian gave it away, but yea I found my car. Someone that we knew (my roommates and I) had stolen my car. The car was actually parked hidden in his apartment complex. This is how he got caught.

This kid stole my car and was driving it around Charlotte. So, one day last week he had picked up some guy and they were driving to Gastonia. I had no clue who the passenger was, but the passenger's cousin and I are very close friends and he also knew the thief. My friend calls his cousin to see what he is doing, and he says "I'm just driving with XXXX to Gastonia in his car." My friend was like XXXX doesn

w1ngman 03-16-2005 11:22 AM

Anu waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay good news! :thumbup:

Sorry I didn't comment earlier...what could I say :( (especially that wasn't already being offered in condolences by others). But I'm damned happy to give a shout of glee that you have your car back now! :cool:. You can't appreciate how often I'd kept your dismay in my mind over the last few weeks :(. Glad to know that's behind ya!

Dude definitely sounds like a ass and a 1/2 :angry:. If you have not already considered it, given the comments regarding his lack of stick shift driving skills, you might want to have a leak-down test performed on the cylinders and have the valve cover pulled to have [a decent technician] inspect the valves, keepers, etc. for undue stress cracks etc. as any result of mechanical over-rev.

Regardless...great news!

- Dave

sheadlee 03-16-2005 12:37 PM

Anu,

Great news!!!!

I know that you are elated to get your 'baby' back, but as Dave has suggested...have everything thoroughly checked out.

Obviously, be more careful of those you associate with...in the future!

Dolemike 03-16-2005 12:59 PM

Id put a milloin bucks on the fact that he had something to do with you getting robbed. Just out of curiosity did he have the keys to the car too, oh yea, he isnt caught yet. Thats just too coincidental from my perspective, the chances of that happening are slim (getting car stolen then robbed so close together), Charlotte might be getting rough but its not THAT bad. After he gets released Id get some peeps that he wouldnt know to wear ski masks and kick the living crap out of him with no mentioning of the incident. I would go ahead and claim engine, differential and clutch damage just to be safe... id say he drove the balls out of that car.

STreece 03-16-2005 01:18 PM

Glad you got your car back in one piece!!! What a rat...not only stole your car but damaged it is well. If you need body work, hope you'll remember who let's us use his facility for Detail Clinics. I think the shop next door to Import Paint and Body specializes in Hondas. Loren at Import Paint is a real straight shooter so you could ask him about the quality of work at Compact Car Service.

Import Paint and Body 704.535.0571

MsPerky 03-16-2005 01:32 PM

Wow...what a story. I'm happy for you and hope that kid gets what he deserves! :thumbup: Good luck with the repairs.

speed4tu 03-16-2005 07:32 PM

Glad you found your car. Good luck with getting it back to normal, and getting the dude from normal.

NX01 03-16-2005 08:12 PM

:D Gr8 news glad you got it back! Now get a brake club for it!

wreckeds2k 03-17-2005 01:28 PM

Anu wassup! Long time no see. Glad to here you got your ride back. I can put a hit on this guy if you want. :LOL: Gimme a holla some time. Derick

airgate 03-17-2005 02:28 PM

Unreal!!! :( :angry: