Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > North America East > Carolinas
Reload this Page >

New baby is finally home

Carolinas A Better Place to Be

New baby is finally home

Old 07-20-2016, 05:03 PM

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Stephen...what cha think dude?

So got a wild hair and decided to try my first hand at strapping the S down to the flat bed. Safe to say it was nerveracking...being my first time (twss) but it was a success and nothing (on the S) got damaged. I think my x-brace grabbed the back steel rail holding the boards down and bent it a little. I banged it back down with a hammer and replaced the damaged screw with a nut and bolt. Ready to get to the alignment shop!

I think Im going to need longer boards

Success!

Unsure about the front mounting location...maybe I should get some D-rings welded?
Old 07-20-2016, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, that looks scary asf

Please get some more secure mounts for the straps. I want to see the car at the track, not on the side of the road.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:31 PM

I thought I could use the pockets but the hooks dont fit down in them I guess I could get some tie down straps (as so: http://www.lowes.com/pd/SmartStraps-...-Down/50372804) and loop them through the pockets. Definitely open to suggestions...as you can see idwtf Im doing

I did try to fit it into the garage, and if it weren't for the work benches it would have fit fine...was about 6 inches too short to clear the garage door.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:36 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks like it's time to grab the saw and chop the workbench down a bit to make it fit! That would be nice to be able to back her in and just shut the door!

Looks good my friend. I was wondering WTF you were doing with the straps under the car. Usually a look through an A-Arm or wheel rim has been what I have seen but IDKWTF I am doing either.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
Looks like it's time to grab the saw and chop the workbench down a bit to make it fit! That would be nice to be able to back her in and just shut the door!

Looks good my friend. I was wondering WTF you were doing with the straps under the car. Usually a look through an A-Arm or wheel rim has been what I have seen but IDKWTF I am doing either.
There are stock tow holes on the chassis. I'm using r-hooks attached to the steel ring. These are the "Honda Approved" tow points for the car. Towing with the wheel or A arm could mess with the alignment, or worse.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/941...t__p__22464424

Bought 4 10k tie downs and a big ass chain with hooks today. This sucker aint going anywhere!
Old 07-21-2016, 11:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We recently got something like these to help tow the chumpcar. They work great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Removable-...-/321733997715
Old 07-21-2016, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by humbucker87 View Post
We recently got something like these to help tow the chumpcar. They work great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Removable-...-/321733997715
Wow yeah! If these tie downs dont work those are definitely gonna do the trick. Thanks Chris!
Old 07-21-2016, 02:03 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Not a fan of the sketchy strap methods. Ideally they wouldn't touch anything except the j-hooks in the body and the tie down point on the other end, especially not that 90* mess you have going on out back where the strap will chafe against the trailer frame. The 90* turn on the front hooks is shady too since the design intent is to pull straight and not have the material all bunched up in the corners. Jury is out and lots of people have different opinions, but I cross straps front and rear.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm not a fan of anchoring to the frame either. As you drive down the road the car bounces and constantly stretches and relaxes the tow straps. Tow straps are not designed to take this dynamic stress and will fatigue prematurely. The tires remain stationary, so if you tie the car down by them, the straps will remain under constant tension - not dynamic stress.

I realize sometimes there is not a good way to anchor the tires. In that case, I would suggest: a) chains, or b) straps with indicator threads that break when the strap is stretched beyond its safe limit.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by InsaneSp View Post
Not a fan of the sketchy strap methods. Ideally they wouldn't touch anything except the j-hooks in the body and the tie down point on the other end, especially not that 90* mess you have going on out back where the strap will chafe against the trailer frame. The 90* turn on the front hooks is shady too since the design intent is to pull straight and not have the material all bunched up in the corners. Jury is out and lots of people have different opinions, but I cross straps front and rear.
I think the tie downs I bought yesterday will solve that dilemma

Quick Reply: New baby is finally home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands