Carolinas A Better Place to Be

New Laguna Blue Perl AP2 Owner in Raleigh, NC

Old 03-26-2012, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Laguna Blue Perl AP2 Owner in Raleigh, NC

Two weeks ago I bought
this 2006 Laguna Blue Perl S2000 from an s2ki member (thanks LagunaAzul). I can't wipe the smile off my face. I've been driving a Toyota Tacoma for the last 5 years and started get the itch to drive something fun again. I have 2 daughters (10 and 7 years old) so I started looking at selling my truck and getting a BMW 335i convertible. Seemed like a good idea, has a back seat, 300hp, drop top, etc. I never got around to pulling the trigger on that, however. About a month ago one of my best friends came over to watch an NC State game (he's a State fan) and he brought his S2000 with him. It was starting to rain so he parked it in my garage and we ended up talking about it for a while. He kept telling me how much he loved the car (he's only had his 6 months) and how much fun it was to drive. Next thing you know I was checking out S2000's on Autotrader. I saw an ad for a Laguna Blue which allowed me to learn the name of the color. I googled "Laguna Perl S2000" and ended up on this site because of a classified ad. I went from curious to serious at that point (see the link above and you'll probably understand). Getting the S2000 is much cheaper than buying the 335i so I've kept my Tacoma (which is very useful).

When I bought my Tacoma in 2007 I was taking a departure from the cars I've driven in the past. I actually needed a break from being anal retentive about my car and a break from spending way too much time on forums like this one . Here's what I've owned in the past:
  • 2007 Toyota Tacoma (black, TRD off road package, current daily driver)
  • 2002 Subaru WRX (silver, modded to around 300hp, too much time on nasioc.com as elvis14)
  • 1994 Mazda Miata (white, stock, sucked into miata.net as elvis14, sold the week before my oldest daughter was born 1/1/2002)
  • 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo (red, stock except for wheels, fun, too much time on mr2.com as elvis14)
  • 1985 Toyota MR2 (silver, go cart, so much fun, bought in 1987, my sophomore year in college)
Right now I'm just enjoying the car. I'm surprised at how fast it feels. I love that. I have much to learn and look forward spending too much time reading s2ki. I've discovered a co-worker who knows more S2000 than I ever will (hi krshultz). He checked out my car and gave it a thumbs up. I'm looking forward to picking his brain. My girls wereplaying rock-paper-scissors the other night to see who gets to ride home with Dad. That's fun too, they are so excited every time they get to ride with me. I'm as excited as they are.

The car I bought isn't new to the Carolina's but it's new to me and I'm pretty happy about it.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:39 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats and welcome to S2KI Carolina's! Check the site often as we update with meets and other fun driving events!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:50 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Welcome Since you're in Raleigh, be sure to check out our monthly meets, beer 30's, and if you can make it, our VIR Charity laps event this Friday.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 AM

Thanks guys. RedCelica I saw the posts about the VIR charity laps this Friday but I can't make it. Going on an outing with my daughter (Camp Sea Gull) for the weekend. I hope to take the S2000. I wish it was a different Friday because that sounds like a lot of fun. I also saw the posts about the monthly meets at Jason's Deli at Brier Creek. I live close to Brier Creek (eat at Jason's Deli every week with the kids) so I'll have to see if I can make some of those meets.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:06 AM
mlc

If Karl checked the car out then I am sure you got a good one.

Like Brett(RedCelica) said we get together once a month at Brier Creek, I will post up a thread tonight about it.

Here is a link to the VIR charity laps https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/927...ps-march-30th/ this is a lot of fun and a chance to get your car on the track in a controlled environment and a great cause as well.

Hope to see you out soon.

Kevin
Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new S2! Welcome to S2ki community! You made a great choice!

-B (SoftTopGuy)
Old 03-26-2012, 07:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So your the poor sap that got yoel's car. You know he beat the sh-t out of that car. Just kidding you got a nice one there for sure, welcome to the club.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:59 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

A big welcome. You are going tolike this group of owners. Looking forward tomeeting you and checking out your ride
Old 03-26-2012, 08:36 AM

Welcome and congratulations on the purchase! I think you will find this to be one of the best and most diverse group of owners any car can claim. Look forward to meeting you and glad we'll be seeing the car again.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by elvis14
Thanks guys. RedCelica I saw the posts about the VIR charity laps this Friday but I can't make it. Going on an outing with my daughter (Camp Sea Gull) for the weekend. I hope to take the S2000. I wish it was a different Friday because that sounds like a lot of fun. I also saw the posts about the monthly meets at Jason's Deli at Brier Creek. I live close to Brier Creek (eat at Jason's Deli every week with the kids) so I'll have to see if I can make some of those meets.
Welcome! (or, How-How! given your destination for the weekend....)

Glad to see a new owner here! I just bought a 2007 GPW back in December, and haven't regretted it a bit! I can't make it this weekend to the Charity laps as well, because like you I'll be at Seafarer/SeaGull with my son's YGuide tribe. Can't fit his bike in the back of the S2k, so I'll be taking the WRX. Consider adding a THSCC (now affectionately known as THS2KC) meeting to your calendar...ask Karl if you want to know more.

Steve

Quick Reply: New Laguna Blue Perl AP2 Owner in Raleigh, NC