S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Carolinas (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/)
-   -   New to the site (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/new-site-106717/)

tedixon 02-23-2003 10:57 AM

New to the site

Someone stuck a card to this site on my windshield Saturday. Thought I would check this out.
I do have a couple questions though. It's time to replace the tires. I was thinking about KUMHO ECSTA SUPRA 712's - Z-rated . I haven't really liked the Potenza SO-2's that came on it. Anybody have any opinions on this. ALso, has anyone had any problems with the drivers' window not going all the way down when the top is lowered ? I have had both the window module and top lowering module replaced. It worked fine for awhile but it's starting to give me problems again.

Thanks...T

boiler 02-23-2003 11:33 AM

Even though I'm not in your area, welcome to our little corner of the world. Most everyone is welcome here and we try to be on our best behaviour, for the most part. There is a wealth of information about our cars to be had here if you don't mind searching around for it.

You will find that a fair number of people have tried the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 and I think that it would be a longer wearing alternative to the OEM S02's. Most of the folks that have tried them are satisfied with them. Almost no tires have the stickiness of the OEM tires, but they do wear quickly. A trade off that most drivers are willing to make. I really like the S02's, but my car is a daily driver, and I don't want to be in the new tire business twice a year, if I can avoid it.

I had my driver's side window regulator replaced on my S last fall and it's been behaving itself since then (8000 miles). Mine went bad at 1500 miles and I put up with the inconvience of no auto down until Honda said they fixed the problem. I also had the clutch replaced on the TSB and what a difference that made. Honda has a TSB 054 for buzzing sounds on deceleration from 4000 to 2000 rpm. Mine was so loud, I couldn't stand the noise any longer, and I had it replaced at about 17,000 miles.

Welcome to the forum,
Bob

aceprince 02-23-2003 11:38 AM

welcome to the site!!!! ive got a quesiton, where in charlotte are u exactly. Ive seen a few s2000's around the UNiversity area and was just wondering if ive seen you around...thanx!!!

-anu

tedixon 02-23-2003 11:53 AM

Originally posted by aceprince
welcome to the site!!!! ive got a quesiton, where in charlotte are u exactly. Ive seen a few s2000's around the UNiversity area and was just wondering if ive seen you around...thanx!!!

-anu

I do live in the University area. About a mile from UNCC. It's quite possible that you have seen me burning up th roads in that area.

T...

tedixon 02-23-2003 11:57 AM

Originally posted by boiler
Even though I'm not in your area, welcome to our little corner of the world. Most everyone is welcome here and we try to be on our best behaviour, for the most part. There is a wealth of information about our cars to be had here if you don't mind searching around for it.

You will find that a fair number of people have tried the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 and I think that it would be a longer wearing alternative to the OEM S02's. Most of the folks that have tried them are satisfied with them. Almost no tires have the stickiness of the OEM tires, but they do wear quickly. A trade off that most drivers are willing to make. I really like the S02's, but my car is a daily driver, and I don't want to be in the new tire business twice a year, if I can avoid it.

I had my driver's side window regulator replaced on my S last fall and it's been behaving itself since then (8000 miles). Mine went bad at 1500 miles and I put up with the inconvience of no auto down until Honda said they fixed the problem. I also had the clutch replaced on the TSB and what a difference that made. Honda has a TSB 054 for buzzing sounds on deceleration from 4000 to 2000 rpm. Mine was so loud, I couldn't stand the noise any longer, and I had it replaced at about 17,000 miles.

Welcome to the forum,
Bob

Thanks for the info. Your right, the OEM's do wear quickly. ALthough my S2K is not driven daily, I don't like buying tires every other year.

Thanks...T...

aceprince 02-23-2003 12:35 PM

where in the UNCC vecenity do u live?...what color is ur car....i have a 03 silverstone, NJ plates. Also, if u dont mind..how old r u? we should meet up some time for coffee or something..

-anu

Boneman 02-23-2003 01:05 PM

Welcome to the board. There is a lot of info including studies comparing the Kumho in the Tire Rack forum. Just click on the fourums and then Tire Rack. Good luck Khumo MX seems to be the one to have now

S2k Awe 02-23-2003 06:03 PM

Welcome to the board. You missed a great get together in Wilmington.

Checkout the post on the Zaino meet in charlotte, would be a good time to meet up.

Ron 02-23-2003 06:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tedixon
[B]Someone stuck a card to this site on my windshield Saturday. Thought I would check this out.

smccoy 02-23-2003 06:25 PM

OK!!! I was using Ron's computer and logged him off TWICE, and logged on as me, but it didn't recognize me. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Just so the "husband" remark above doesn't look too strange, I wanted to let you know it was ME (smcoy, Ron's wife) who posted above.

Oh well....the welcome is still sincere!