Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The Official Charleston Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 06:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LDfavoriteson

Install was a success! Ready for the radiator! Wave if you see me

I wish they were not all sold out online. I've been looking for a solution to make getting up my driveway easier. It takes me about 3 mins to get the new car in or out of the driveway now
Old 08-16-2017, 06:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys! I def feel your pain about getting in/out of the driveway. This is one of the best automotive purchases I've made. It's so relieving to pretty much go in/out the driveway like a regular car! Unfortunately, I know all about them being sold out, there was a slight mishap on my order, and I was able to snag probably one of the last 4 ft extensions available (had to wait about 4-5 days). I believe they will start taking orders in approx 8 wks. If you still want it, at that time I highly suggest it! It's def easier to install w/ 2 people it takes about 10 min. The only difficult part is the weight (ends weigh 48 lbs and middle sections 57 lbs).
Old 08-18-2017, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by ClemsonWill
Sounds good!

Awesome. I'm excited.
Made a little change to the Z tails. Had to go a bit darker to keep the theme going. Still find myself driving the S more since it's easier to get down the driveway
Old 08-18-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 04ssonbl
Made a little change to the Z tails. Had to go a bit darker to keep the theme going. Still find myself driving the S more since it's easier to get down the driveway
Looks good! How do you like driving compared to the s2k? I'd imagine it's a completely different type of beast. I drove a camaro a few yrs ago and felt like I was floating lolol. On other note, do you guys have any dealerships or places you'd recommend for an oil/fluid change? It's been a while lol
Old 08-21-2017, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by LDfavoriteson
Looks good! How do you like driving compared to the s2k? I'd imagine it's a completely different type of beast. I drove a camaro a few yrs ago and felt like I was floating lolol. On other note, do you guys have any dealerships or places you'd recommend for an oil/fluid change? It's been a while lol
It's actually really tight. They designed the 2014-15 Z/28's to be amazing on the track. I feel like I'm driving a toy when I jump in the S2K now. The Z's suspension, carbon ceramic brakes and massive 305/30/19's the front make this thing handle and stop like nothing I've driven before even the C6 Z06 I owned. Plus the Z/28 has the LS7 from the C6 Z06 so it gets down the road pretty quick.
The following users liked this post:
LDfavoriteson (08-22-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 05:53 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks good! Are they covers or did you paint them?

You should just sell the MB and keep the S.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:40 AM

Looks good! Are they covers or did you paint them?

You should just sell the MB and keep the S.

They are just covers. Not the greatest when you look at them really close but from 1.5+ feet they look great. Just put in new LED Brake/Turn signals since the lens was not allowing a ton of light out. I also just tinted the headlights and they look pretty nice. Haven't really seen how much light they cut down yet. If it's too much I'll be pulling the tint off and just keeping them clear. Been debating on calling Anthony to have it put on the Dyno to get a baseline before I decide if it's getting a Whipple or staying all motor. I'm kinda 70% leaning towards all motor but 30% just loves how the Whipple sounds haha

I sold the MB a few weeks for a good chunk more than I paid. Not sure how that happened since I sold it to the online place Carvana. I still have the S and don't owe another payment until March so I'm not pushing the sale too hard yet. Maybe come Jan. I'll start really trying to sell it. lol
Old 08-31-2017, 11:12 AM

They are just covers. Not the greatest when you look at them really close but from 1.5+ feet they look great. Just put in new LED Brake/Turn signals since the lens was not allowing a ton of light out. I also just tinted the headlights and they look pretty nice. Haven't really seen how much light they cut down yet. If it's too much I'll be pulling the tint off and just keeping them clear. Been debating on calling Anthony to have it put on the Dyno to get a baseline before I decide if it's getting a Whipple or staying all motor. I'm kinda 70% leaning towards all motor but 30% just loves how the Whipple sounds haha

I sold the MB a few weeks for a good chunk more than I paid. Not sure how that happened since I sold it to the online place Carvana. I still have the S and don't owe another payment until March so I'm not pushing the sale too hard yet. Maybe come Jan. I'll start really trying to sell it. lol
Well, the covers look good! You will have to post a picture of the headlights. Did you use tint film for them? Did you do it yourself? I have been tempted to install a clear bra myself. Just don't want to spend the money and then mess it up. You should definitely take it over to Anthony's and let him get some baseline numbers. I really regret not getting mine done before I started adding parts.

Good job on making money on the MB sale. Considering MBs high depreciation that's a huge accomplishment.

My buddy in Greenville just bought Huracan so we are talking about planning a trip up to the mountains of Western NC. If you interested in going let me know. We are still looking at dates.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:42 AM

Well, the covers look good! You will have to post a picture of the headlights. Did you use tint film for them? Did you do it yourself? I have been tempted to install a clear bra myself. Just don't want to spend the money and then mess it up. You should definitely take it over to Anthony's and let him get some baseline numbers. I really regret not getting mine done before I started adding parts.

Good job on making money on the MB sale. Considering MBs high depreciation that's a huge accomplishment.

My buddy in Greenville just bought Huracan so we are talking about planning a trip up to the mountains of Western NC. If you interested in going let me know. We are still looking at dates.
It was pre cut vinyl from Headlight Armor. I did it earlier this week in my garage as it was pouring down rain.(She's dirty in the pic due to all this crappy rain we've had lately) I'm still trying to get a few bubbles out but they look pretty good as well. I wouldn't attempt a clear bra install myself. I'm terrible with vinyl haha.

Yea I was surprised they offered me so much for the MB but I think it's mainly b/c I purchased it as the end of the year and made them drop a good bit off the asking price.

Mmmm Huracan... I'm interested in that trip. Just let me know when and I'll do my best to make it.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:13 AM

The headlights look good. I like that the tint isn't so dark. You can't even tell it's dirty. White hides it so well.

I will let you know about the mountain trip.

Quick Reply: The Official Charleston Thread