Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The Official Charleston Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 05:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ClemsonWill
Were there a ton of people at Cars and Coffee last weekend? I saw where they posted on FB that they were expecting a huge crowd.

I've been kind of annoyed about my car situation. I have not been able to get my Jeep or the S2000 out of the garage for like 2 weeks. Garage door broke and I'm waiting on parts to come in. Ugh!
Yea the parking lot was packed full.

That sucks!! I waited almost a year in the new house before installing a garage door opener. Having to always get out of the car to open/close the door finally got to me lol. I ended up with the new Ryobi with the added accessory ports. I currently have an air hose on a reel with tire chuck, 3 speed fan and backup battery in case the power goes out lol. Hopefully you get yours fixed soon!!
Old 11-10-2017, 11:07 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 04ssonbl
Yea the parking lot was packed full.

That sucks!! I waited almost a year in the new house before installing a garage door opener. Having to always get out of the car to open/close the door finally got to me lol. I ended up with the new Ryobi with the added accessory ports. I currently have an air hose on a reel with tire chuck, 3 speed fan and backup battery in case the power goes out lol. Hopefully you get yours fixed soon!!
New springs should be here Monday so hopefully it will be fixed then.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear you are getting settled in. Welcome to the area!

What kind of radiator is it?
Its oem.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:53 AM

Might actually have an opportunity to put the top down this weekend.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:14 AM

Been quite in here for a while. Does everyone have fever for warm weather as much as I do?

Tyler, I saw your S marked at your girls's house the other day.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:01 AM

Yea it's been sitting there for a few weeks now. Think I only drove it twice since the snow and I've only pulled the Z/28 out once(in the garage at my house). That's actually the reason I logged in today.

Weather is looking good for Saturday so was wondering if anyone would like to meet up and head over to Cars and Coffee in Mt P. I haven't decided which vehicle I'll take yet but it will most likely be the Z since it's been sitting the longest and needs to stretch it's legs.

Also, maybe we could do a BBQ here soon. We have a Charcoal Smoker, natural gas grill, and most likely going to pick up an outdoor LP gas flattop griddle(hibachi restaurant size) sometime before the weekend. We are normally free most weekends so if anyone is interested start suggesting dates/times. I can't do next weekend 3/2 since I'll be out of town.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:47 AM

Just saw your message. We can definitely get together sometime. I'm out of town this weekend.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:32 AM

It's all good! I'll be leaving this Thursday morning so maybe the 2nd or 3rd weekend of March we can try to set something up.

Cars and Coffee was super packed this weekend. I showed up around 830am and struggled to find a parking spot. It appears that all the groups decided this weekend would be a good one to come out. I'd estimate they had about 6 or so Vipers ranging from GTS to the new ACR, several Vettes, a dozen or more AMGs(a number of them being GTRs), plus a bunch of random exotics that I haven't seen out there before. Overall was a good turn out. After C&C, we jumped in the Z/28 and headed over to Savannah for the day. Seen a couple of random exotics roaming around there as well.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:41 PM

Sounds like a good day. I heard the weather here was gorgeous. Probably helped the turn out.

I'm looking at maybe doing one of these SCCA Track Nights in Charlotte.
https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/

EDIT: It's official. I signed up for the HPDE in Charlotte. I'm excited!
Old 03-07-2018, 07:44 AM

Sounds like a good day. I heard the weather here was gorgeous. Probably helped the turn out.

I'm looking at maybe doing one of these SCCA Track Nights in Charlotte.
https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/

EDIT: It's official. I signed up for the HPDE in Charlotte. I'm excited!
Did you do the April 12th event? I'm thinking about going and possibly participating. Just trying to figure out how much it will really cost me to run that day. I'd def like to take the gf's son out there to let him watch the event even if I don't run that day.

Quick Reply: The Official Charleston Thread