Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The Official Charleston Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 04ssonbl
Did you do the April 12th event? I'm thinking about going and possibly participating. Just trying to figure out how much it will really cost me to run that day. I'd def like to take the gf's son out there to let him watch the event even if I don't run that day.
Yeah, I signed up for the 12th. I think the event could be done for a reasonable amount. Buying the helmet was the most expensive part for me. The track fee isn't crazy. I have a coupon code for $25 off. If you decide to sign up, send me PM. I will find the coupon code and send it to you. Would be fun to bring your GF's son out. I think my dad is going to drive up and spectate for a part of the day.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:58 AM

Haven't popped in here for a while. Anything car related this weekend?
Old 11-28-2018, 04:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's up guys? I need some advice.

1. What tire shops in the area would you recommend? I need to replace a wheel. My ocd has kicked in lol. I can reuse the tire but just need to have a new wheel installed. I figure this will be pretty easy for most places, but i doesn't hurt to get opinions. I have a place that i know will do it, but I'd prefer not to scrape my car leaving...
2. What is the best body shop in the area? I have some dry carbon incoming that will need to get painted...
Old 11-29-2018, 08:01 AM

I would be interested to hear what people have to say on this as well.

I have the name of a guy that does paint work but he tends to have a list of people waiting for months. He has done several projects for my friends and they all say the work is perfect. If your interested, let me know and I will fig up his name.

I had my CR wheels mounted at Jet Wheels in West Ashley. They did an okay job. Machine still left some slight bite marks in the inner barrel. My new wheels will be coming in sometime in Feb. I would like to find a place that has a touchless tire mounting machine. Let me know if you find a good place.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ClemsonWill
I would be interested to hear what people have to say on this as well.

I have the name of a guy that does paint work but he tends to have a list of people waiting for months. He has done several projects for my friends and they all say the work is perfect. If your interested, let me know and I will fig up his name.

I had my CR wheels mounted at Jet Wheels in West Ashley. They did an okay job. Machine still left some slight bite marks in the inner barrel. My new wheels will be coming in sometime in Feb. I would like to find a place that has a touchless tire mounting machine. Let me know if you find a good place.
Thanks for the info. I've contacted Stokes Honda twice and they still haven't gotten back to me, at this point I may have to pursue other options. I have cr wheels as well, too bad you weren't selling yours in Feb, I would've def bought them. I would just go to Southern Tire of Summerville if my car wasn't going to bottom out lol. I was going to try Jet Wheels but I see they're not open on Saturdays...this wheel situation is difficult for no reason lolol. I may just try a generic place to have the wheel mounted, hopefully they won't mess it up. You can give me the name of your paint guy as I'll prob use him. My part is a few months out it seems, gotta love those jdm wait times!
Old 12-05-2018, 12:45 PM

I used Stoke body shop for my first S2000. I was not impressed. They had to do so much blending to get the color right. But that was 10 years ago so hopefully things have changed over there.
I will look for the guy's name and PM you with it. I have it at home.

I have heard good things about Southern Tire from the Jeep community. I will give them a try when my wheels come in. I typically take the wheels off the car myself and transport them so bottoming out shouldn't a problem.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by ClemsonWill
I used Stoke body shop for my first S2000. I was not impressed. They had to do so much blending to get the color right. But that was 10 years ago so hopefully things have changed over there.
I will look for the guy's name and PM you with it. I have it at home.

I have heard good things about Southern Tire from the Jeep community. I will give them a try when my wheels come in. I typically take the wheels off the car myself and transport them so bottoming out shouldn't a problem.
good to know about stokes bodyshop even though i didn't plan on using them. PM your guys name when you get a chance, no rush as I'm still a few months out from receiving my part. As far as Southern Tire, I would recommend them as the owner and staff are super cool. They installed my cr wheels on the new tires. I bought tires from them and brought the cr wheels with me in my truck. Honestly, if I wasn't trying to save the tire (brand new in March/April), I would just buy another tire from them, have them pair the tire/wheel together, and mount the wheel myself. If bottoming out is not a concern, go to them!

ps: now that i've seen your car in the ad...I def saw your car months ago ( i was leaving in my daily) at sphinx on ladson rd months ago...car is super clean

Last edited by LDfavoriteson; 12-05-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:30 PM

Sorry, I completely forgot about getting that paint guys number. I looked around and I can't find his info. I will have to get it from a buddy.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year!
Old 02-26-2019, 02:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Guys, Its been a long time since I've been on here and glad to be back!!! I used to be big into track and auto x with my s2k and then got into dirt bikes and have been heavily involved with that for the last 5years. Ive maintained by S2k in the mean time and wish I could have more time to track it. Anyway I've started a wire tuck to make room for a potential turbo set up. I have it all back together but my EPS does not work. I was wondering if anyone would be able to let me compare my wiring to their s2k with working EPS. I work at Auto Repair Experts in Goose Creek, SC. If anyone could come by and let me compare wiring set up Id be very grateful.

Thanks, Eric - feel free to txt me at 814-571-1854
Old 03-16-2019, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Eric, Alan here. Glad to hear that you got the EPS sorted out. Couldn't make it to cars and coffee today but due plan on attending a few autoX events and track days this year. Are you planning on tracking your knew turbo build? What are the details of the turbo setup? Cheers!

Quick Reply: The Official Charleston Thread