Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The Official Charleston Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 05:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LDfavoriteson
If you see a rio 05 spitting flames in the next month it's me!
haha if you see a Silverstone with ear bleeding exhaust it is most likely me. I just installed the Tomei Ti with their Ti test pipe...all I can say is WOW This thing is stupid loud. Put the "silencer" in today but now it just sounds like a crappy Civic AutoZone Fart Can
Old 04-25-2017, 11:28 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 04ssonbl
I just built last year in North Charleston over by the airport. I was phase 2 of 3. The location is decent depending on where you will be working. My office is on Daniel Island so there is really only 1 route to and from which is the dreaded Don Holt Bridge/526. If I leave earlier enough I can make it to work in 20-30 mins. If anything goes wrong on the route I'm sitting for 1.5 hours. The prices in my neighborhood were great when I purchased but they sold out phase 3 in what seemed to be a matter of minutes. Crescent Homes is still building in Summerville in White Gables if you like the "Downtown Charleston" style houses. I'm not a huge fan of the layout or prices. Plus, they are super far from the highway.

Good luck on the house hunt though. I know a great realtor if you need one. She takes her time and makes sure you get what you are looking for.

I'd be down to meet whenever. My schedule is pretty open after work and on weekends. When I lived in Greenville we used to meet every Tuesday for dinner at random spots. We had some pretty killer turn outs and always met good people. I still see a few of them on a regular basis.
It's funny you mentioned White Gables. That's where I live. The new exit they are building is going to connect to the Knightsville side of Summerville.. Should make my commute so much better. Well I hope it does. A couple of our neighbors are building in the new section with Crescent. One down sizing and the other upsizing. I told them they should just swap houses. I have actually seen an S2000 back in the new Crescent home section several times over the last few weeks. I haven't had a chance to introduce myself to the owner yet.

A Friday night would probably be a good night for a meet up and grab a beer.. I'm thinking maybe May 19th. I will have to check this though.

I remember the Greenville meets. You all had a great group of guys getting together regularly. I actually went to one behind Haywood mall one time. And then anther time several of the Greenville crew came down to Charleston and we all did a drive. I probably have pictures from that day posted around on the forum somewhere. I will have to look.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:43 AM

haha if you see a Silverstone with ear bleeding exhaust it is most likely me. I just installed the Tomei Ti with their Ti test pipe...all I can say is WOW This thing is stupid loud. Put the "silencer" in today but now it just sounds like a crappy Civic AutoZone Fart Can
But you saved 52 lbs from stock. lol I was just looking at the sponsor post for this exhaust yesterday. I was considering buying their test pipe. Any cell light issues?
Old 04-26-2017, 06:06 AM

haha that was me man. My girl lives over in the new construction area. Her house was just finished last month. I'm in the area quite often either in my S or my black E350. I left there last night with the silencer out and was trying to be as quite as possible since it was around 10pm. Didn't want to wake the neighbors lol

We should def try to set something in stone even if it has to be moved as we get closer. Sadly all the best spots in the area have crap parking. I'm a huge fan of Mex1 on Sullivan's Island but can hardly ever find parking for one car let alone several.

The exhaust/test pipe combo is crazy light but I had to add a Spark Plug Non-Fouler from Autozone(cost about $6) to the "CEL Fix" that came with the test pipe. I did that yesterday afternoon after clearing my CEL. My CEL came on after driving it twice right after install. Took it on 26 for a few mins then came back home. Drove to work the next morning and it came on right after leaving my driveway. Last night/this morning I drove it from N. Charleston to Summerville, Summerville to N. Charleston, N. Charleston to Daniel Island and so far so good. I had to drill the Spark Plug Non-Fouler out with a 1/2 inch drill bit so the O2 sensor would fit. If you end up getting one I'd be happy to help.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:09 AM

Has anyone been to the Cars and Coffee in Mt P lately? I went to one last spring right after getting my 04 turbo'd S2K built(R.I.P) Maybe we could meet up somewhere in Summerville/N. Charleston early one Saturday morning and ride over. They usually have a decent turn out of cars
Old 04-26-2017, 12:27 PM

haha that was me man. My girl lives over in the new construction area. Her house was just finished last month. I'm in the area quite often either in my S or my black E350. I left there last night with the silencer out and was trying to be as quite as possible since it was around 10pm. Didn't want to wake the neighbors lol

We should def try to set something in stone even if it has to be moved as we get closer. Sadly all the best spots in the area have crap parking. I'm a huge fan of Mex1 on Sullivan's Island but can hardly ever find parking for one car let alone several.

The exhaust/test pipe combo is crazy light but I had to add a Spark Plug Non-Fouler from Autozone(cost about $6) to the "CEL Fix" that came with the test pipe. I did that yesterday afternoon after clearing my CEL. My CEL came on after driving it twice right after install. Took it on 26 for a few mins then came back home. Drove to work the next morning and it came on right after leaving my driveway. Last night/this morning I drove it from N. Charleston to Summerville, Summerville to N. Charleston, N. Charleston to Daniel Island and so far so good. I had to drill the Spark Plug Non-Fouler out with a 1/2 inch drill bit so the O2 sensor would fit. If you end up getting one I'd be happy to help.
That's funny. It's a small world. Not stalking (lol) but your girls house must have been the first one done. Looks really nice! I know many people are going to be jealous of the double parking pads.

Yeah, I had serious issues with my first S2000 test pipe. I tried an aftermarket extension, 1 anti fowler, 2 anti fowlers, 2 with a little steel wool between them. I could never fool the cell for very long. I eventually got a Flashpro and just fixed it that way.

Has anyone been to the Cars and Coffee in Mt P lately? I went to one last spring right after getting my 04 turbo'd S2K built(R.I.P) Maybe we could meet up somewhere in Summerville/N. Charleston early one Saturday morning and ride over. They usually have a decent turn out of cars
I can't do it on the 19th. My son has a baseball game. I would be down for a Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning the 20th though. Do they do it every Saturday? I have never been. Other than that I could meet up in the evening. Have to help a friend move during the day. Anyone else with suggestions? I know there were a few other guys interested.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:01 AM

Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I haven't posted on S2ki hardly at all, let alone in the last 2 years. I moved from Alabama to Charleston in August and never announced my presence. I am headed to AutoX in Myrtle Beach this weekend and was wondering if anyone was planning on going up there. Maybe we could arrange a group cruise if you are.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:21 AM

Yea her house was the first one and she fought tooth and nail to get that double pad with the garage sideways. Several other corner lots have asked and all got shot down by the builder lol.

Glad you got it fixed. Hopefully mine stays fooled. So far so good.

Cars and Coffee is every Saturday so I'd be down for the 20th. I'll just have to try to remember.

DirtyMike - Welcome!! I used to make the drive from Charleston to Myrtle a bunch(like 2-3 times a week). It's a straight shot down 17 or if you wanted a more interesting ride you could do 17-A from Summerville through Moncks Corner and all the back roads. What day are you planning on leaving? Are you staying just for a day or plan on making it a weekend trip? I might be able to go early Saturday Morning and come back that evening
Old 04-27-2017, 08:56 AM

DirtyMike - Welcome!! I used to make the drive from Charleston to Myrtle a bunch(like 2-3 times a week). It's a straight shot down 17 or if you wanted a more interesting ride you could do 17-A from Summerville through Moncks Corner and all the back roads. What day are you planning on leaving? Are you staying just for a day or plan on making it a weekend trip? I might be able to go early Saturday Morning and come back that evening
The autoX is Saturday starting at 7am, so I was planning on leaving around 5 or 5:30 and going 17 the whole way. The AutoX ends around 4, then I would turn around and drive home. Hopefully be back around 7 or 8 in the evening. Would you participate in the event if you went up there?
Old 04-27-2017, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by DirtyMike
The autoX is Saturday starting at 7am, so I was planning on leaving around 5 or 5:30 and going 17 the whole way. The AutoX ends around 4, then I would turn around and drive home. Hopefully be back around 7 or 8 in the evening. Would you participate in the event if you went up there?
Id just watch this time. Car is not quite where I want it to participate. What part of Charleston are you in? I might be down for the drive

Quick Reply: The Official Charleston Thread