Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The Official Charleston Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 10:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyMike
Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I haven't posted on S2ki hardly at all, let alone in the last 2 years. I moved from Alabama to Charleston in August and never announced my presence. I am headed to AutoX in Myrtle Beach this weekend and was wondering if anyone was planning on going up there. Maybe we could arrange a group cruise if you are.
Welcome to the thread. I have plans this weekend but you guys have fun. Take some pictures!

Do you know when the next Auto-x in Charleston is? I keep meaning to see if I can find some information on it.

Originally Posted by 04ssonbl
Yea her house was the first one and she fought tooth and nail to get that double pad with the garage sideways. Several other corner lots have asked and all got shot down by the builder lol.

Glad you got it fixed. Hopefully mine stays fooled. So far so good.

Cars and Coffee is every Saturday so I'd be down for the 20th. I'll just have to try to remember.

DirtyMike - Welcome!! I used to make the drive from Charleston to Myrtle a bunch(like 2-3 times a week). It's a straight shot down 17 or if you wanted a more interesting ride you could do 17-A from Summerville through Moncks Corner and all the back roads. What day are you planning on leaving? Are you staying just for a day or plan on making it a weekend trip? I might be able to go early Saturday Morning and come back that evening
Yeah, Those parking pads are definitely nice. I jog around the parameter of the neighborhood several times a week so it takes me right by her house. I will stop and say hello if I see you out there.

Ok, so Cars and Coffee for the 20th it is! Anyone else interested?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id just watch this time. Car is not quite where I want it to participate. What part of Charleston are you in? I might be down for the drive
I live in West Ashley, so I would just shoot down 17 and across the Ravenel because I love that bridge lol. What about yourself?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by ClemsonWill
Welcome to the thread. I have plans this weekend but you guys have fun. Take some pictures!

Do you know when the next Auto-x in Charleston is? I keep meaning to see if I can find some information on it.
https://scsportscar.com/ is our SCCA Regional Page.
It looks like the next one at the North Charleston Coliseum is June 11th. I will definitely be at that one given its a 10 minute drive from my place. The one this weekend and May 28th are in Myrtle.
The following users liked this post:
ClemsonWill (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 10:13 AM

https://scsportscar.com/ is our SCCA Regional Page.
It looks like the next one at the North Charleston Coliseum is June 11th. I will definitely be at that one given its a 10 minute drive from my place. The one this weekend and May 28th are in Myrtle.
Of course, I think that's the weekend I'm headed to Atlanta. I will have to check. If not, I will be there as well. Thanks for posting!
Old 04-27-2017, 11:52 AM

I live in West Ashley, so I would just shoot down 17 and across the Ravenel because I love that bridge lol. What about yourself?
I live over by the Airport so I'd jump on 526 to 17. If I end up going maybe we could meet at the Dunkin Donuts/Gas Station near the End of 526. It's just down from Mt. Pleasant Chevy
Old 04-28-2017, 03:22 AM

I live over by the Airport so I'd jump on 526 to 17. If I end up going maybe we could meet at the Dunkin Donuts/Gas Station near the End of 526. It's just down from Mt. Pleasant Chevy
That would work for me. DM me if you decide to come.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:39 AM

Count me in. Sending you a PM now... If anyone else decides to go I'll be at the Dunkin Donuts/Gas Station around 530am tomorrow. Guess I better wash the S tonight since I've been riding near construction zones picking up mud

Dunkin address is 1683 N Hwy 17, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
Old 05-01-2017, 09:46 AM

Hey guys. How was the MB autocross?
Old 05-01-2017, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by ClemsonWill
Hey guys. How was the MB autocross?
It was a really good time! There were 109 cars total, and 7 or 8 S2ks. I ran BS along with 2 other s2ks, an Evo and an STi. This was my first AutoX in over 2 years, so I was rusty, but still only 4 seconds off the formula ford that was running (and set the best raw time). Lots of very fast cars out there.

Now that the Honda isn't my DD I have fully caught the AutoX bug. I'm actually going to autoX at Roebling this weekend too if anyone wants to join for that one!

I got caught up walking around chatting with people about their cars and watching the cars run that I forgot to take any pictures.... my bad!
Old 05-02-2017, 12:06 PM

It was a really good time! There were 109 cars total, and 7 or 8 S2ks. I ran BS along with 2 other s2ks, an Evo and an STi. This was my first AutoX in over 2 years, so I was rusty, but still only 4 seconds off the formula ford that was running (and set the best raw time). Lots of very fast cars out there.

Now that the Honda isn't my DD I have fully caught the AutoX bug. I'm actually going to autoX at Roebling this weekend too if anyone wants to join for that one!

I got caught up walking around chatting with people about their cars and watching the cars run that I forgot to take any pictures.... my bad!
Glad to hear that you had such a good time. It's been years since I have done an autocross as well. I will definitely catch one with you hopefully here in the near future. Good luck at Roebling!

Quick Reply: The Official Charleston Thread