S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Carolinas (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/official-charlotte-chat-thread-1032983/)

DougEFresh 07-17-2013 10:25 AM

Doug
Born in Charlotte
Had 3 prior S2k's, my current on is 09' GPW
Work at Niagara bottling comp as shift mechanic
Hobbies- raced pro downhill mtb for 4 years so bikes, gym, food. Try to get out in the lake as much as possible too

Got lots of car work to do maintenance wise before hanging rock drive other than that I work all the time.

CoolGuy094 07-17-2013 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by suprmonky73 (Post 22671399)
i def wanna try and make it to the wednesday night one at least, did you go to the last one and if so how was it?

Nah I didn't make it to the last Wednesday one, my car was still down. Andrew and Will went though. It rained like monsoon style for a few minutes during the event and then I think it was pretty wet the rest of the night (that's what she said) so I'm not sure if it was enjoyable or not. I hate trying to run my car in the rain, to the point where I avoid it as much as possible.

I do plan on coming to the Wednesday night event next week and definitely to zMax next Saturday.

DougEFresh 07-17-2013 12:11 PM

Wed night meet?

juntsky 07-17-2013 12:42 PM

Also wondering what this Wednesday night meet is...

Andy I want to work in sales or marketing for Porsche but it'll be a while before that happens. Would even consider moving to Germany to do it

suprmonky73 07-17-2013 03:05 PM

they have autocross events on wednesday nights during the summer

CoolGuy094 07-17-2013 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by juntsky (Post 22672066)
Also wondering what this Wednesday night meet is...

Andy I want to work in sales or marketing for Porsche but it'll be a while before that happens. Would even consider moving to Germany to do it

Wow, intense. I will eventually have to go to Germany for my work for at least two weeks sometime this year. Everyone I work with has gone. I don't think I could make that huge of a move to a different country. I should *hopefully* get to go to Japan at some point too.

So I drove my car around the block today for the first time in a while with the SC hooked back up and GAWD this blower and BOV are so loud. I really have to get a different BOV or change to the recirculating version of the Tial that I have.

Has anyone taken the insulation off the underside of their hood? If so, and you still have it, can I get that from you for a few bucks? Lol. I lost mine to a fuel leak last year, and I think it would help to block out some of the chaos noise from my engine bay.

will010100 07-17-2013 07:58 PM

Name: Will
Never lived in Charlotte, but lived in several surrounding towns most of my life - Troutman now.
I got my '01 silverstone in 09
Work: Sales manager for industrial conveyor systems
Hobbies: making beer, BBQ, and sawdust
Family: DINK+dog

Going to AMP Friday for HOD event.
Might show up next Wed night

juntsky 07-17-2013 08:38 PM

Japan is pretty rad. Been there like 9 times. I don't usually have much problem moving long distances. I kinda moved to Charlotte on a whim because it was convenient lol

CoolGuy094 07-18-2013 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by will010100 (Post 22672757)
Work: Sales manager for industrial conveyor systems

Where do you work Will? I used to do almost the same thing; mine were bulk material conveyors. Are yours like roller conveyors or what?

DougEFresh 07-19-2013 07:39 PM

We need to start the wed night flying saucer meet up again