Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > North America East > Carolinas
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread

Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 07:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Stephen! You should come out to zMax tomorrow if you have nothing better to do. We've got an autox going on.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:43 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Rogrs View Post
Originally Posted by Dreaming_S2k' timestamp='1374667626' post='22684060
[quote name='Mr Rogrs' timestamp='1374615139' post='22683084']
Name: Matt R.
Years in CLT: 7, moved here from Louisiana
Current S: 2005 GPW
Years owned: 4.5
Profession: IT auditor in the Ballantyne area
Interests/Hobbies: Cars, craft beer, music, traveling, biking, tennis, anything outdoors

I show up at the Charlotte Cars & Coffee meetup when I can, but haven't really gotten involved in the local S2k scene.
I love trying new beers, so you can usually find me a couple nights per week at one of the local microbreweries or one of the Duckworth's in the Charlotte area (gotta love $3.50 draft nights).
I love Duckworth's! Have you tried the "Ballast Point Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter" yet? Sounds sweet, but it's not.
Oh yeh, victory at sea is one of my favorite beers on tap at the moment! The Park rd location just got Terrapin Dos Cocos Porter on tap, which is also really good. Which Duckworths locations do you usuallly go to?
[/quote]

I've only ever been to the Ballantyne location, since it's about 10m from my house.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:01 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094 View Post
Welcome Stephen! You should come out to zMax tomorrow if you have nothing better to do. We've got an autox going on.
Thanks! Been looking at a s2k for several years now (2005 reg date what?) but finally pulled the trigger a few weeks ago after getting the whole marriage and grad school thing out of the way. I might take you up on the zMax event as a spectator...is there a s2ki group heading out that I could tag along with? Details?

If for no other reason I'd have fun at the event and try and park my butt in some race seats - reference here.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey if you're thinking of going to zmax , PM me, i might go to spectate as well, i live up in huntersville
Old 07-26-2013, 10:32 PM

I might swing by since hanging rock drive is rescheduled due to rain.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:15 PM

insaneSP and I went to the zmax autox for about an hour and a half - andy what were you doing on your first run. from the observation deck you took it way easy at first and spun out on one of the first turns! then at the end you were hauling ass. that Zmax/circuit area is crazy, it's like a mini city over there and i was pretty surprised, as it was my first time there

we left as the drizzle started, i went and did some errands and around 1230 the skies OPENED and i had to stay at 30 mph the whole way home for 20 minutes, it was crazy
Old 07-27-2013, 03:38 PM

lol i slept til 2pm...oops
Old 07-27-2013, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by suprmonky73 View Post
insaneSP and I went to the zmax autox for about an hour and a half - andy what were you doing on your first run. from the observation deck you took it way easy at first and spun out on one of the first turns! then at the end you were hauling ass. that Zmax/circuit area is crazy, it's like a mini city over there and i was pretty surprised, as it was my first time there

we left as the drizzle started, i went and did some errands and around 1230 the skies OPENED and i had to stay at 30 mph the whole way home for 20 minutes, it was crazy
Lol, yeaaaaah... My car hesitates at launch right now, poor tune. And I'd love to make an excuse about that spin, like my Hoosiers were cold and I still had my shocks set soft on my street setting on accident, but I just wasn't paying attention, lol. I worked it down to a 67.6 by my last run which was somewhere near the third fastest raw time in my run group. It was a fun and challenging course.

The sprinkles throughout the morning weren't bad, but that downpour was INSANE!!! I was in the middle of swapping my wheels so I just had to finish and pack my crap up in the pouring rain, then drive home in it going 45 MPH on 485 soaking wet, lol.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:53 PM

Sorry I missed you guys. Should have come down and said hey to me in grid!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:52 PM

i looked around for you as we made our way up to the upper area, the announcer was just talking about random crap for some reason, i guess there were some karts going out?
during your first run I thought you might have been just getting a feel for the car or talking to your passenger. regardless at the end of the first run your car looked to be transitioning like mad, jealous of the hoosiers
man a 67 is really fast, we were seeing a couple in the mid 70's like that crazy white evo. The evora was cool too, first time seeing one of those.

that downpour was nuts, usually they last like 5 minutes max, glad we left the event when we did. I was hitting so many flash flood torrents that i couldn't see on the backroads that i was wondering how high up in my engine bay the water might be going. God, i can only imagine what 485 must have been like.....flashers nonstop doing 15mph.....lol

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands