Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Whoops, typo... meant 76.6. The white Evo and a Black Subaru were the ones faster than me. I think they both got down to the 74's. Joe in that white Evo was killing it. That Evora is usually top driver in street tire class too, it's a really nice car.

Good to see Drew (onecleans2000) back out there today... wonder how he fared in the rain...

485 wasn't awful, but it was definitely a sub-50 mph ride home for me. My rear tires are pretty low. I saw a nice Yukon or something similar turned backwards up against the median fence thing all screwed up. People just don't know how to slow the hell down or drive to the conditions. People just think, "Ahhhh I'm in a big SUV with 4WD, I'll be fine going 75... oh no I'm hydroplaning! I'll turn my steering wheel to full lock and slam on the brakes."
Old 07-27-2013, 11:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...i tend to still do the speed limit in bad weather. idk. unless i'm at a dead stop on the highway, i cant stand doing 30-55mph. just drives me nuts
Old 07-28-2013, 07:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spun out on hoosiers???? Guess you need to test the limits...
Old 07-28-2013, 11:44 AM

Hey young-uns

Mark here

Original Owner Berlina Black 02 w/ 133,000 miles

Moved to Rock Hill from Concord, CA in 97 (that's 16 years ago for those with math difficulties)

Interests: Cars, Driving, Cars, Cars, Driving, Computers, Cars, Driving, HPDE, Cruise-ins, Car Shows, random gatherings & drives.

Hope to see some of you at Cars & Coffee on Saturday Link to Thread

I've got a busy day planned, C&C til about 10, then install new top, then head to a Mustang BBQ (no, we are NOT cooking horse)
Old 07-28-2013, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Whoops, typo... meant 76.6. The white Evo and a Black Subaru were the ones faster than me. I think they both got down to the 74's. Joe in that white Evo was killing it. That Evora is usually top driver in street tire class too, it's a really nice car.

Good to see Drew (onecleans2000) back out there today... wonder how he fared in the rain...

485 wasn't awful, but it was definitely a sub-50 mph ride home for me. My rear tires are pretty low. I saw a nice Yukon or something similar turned backwards up against the median fence thing all screwed up. People just don't know how to slow the hell down or drive to the conditions. People just think, "Ahhhh I'm in a big SUV with 4WD, I'll be fine going 75... oh no I'm hydroplaning! I'll turn my steering wheel to full lock and slam on the brakes."
Not so great, I DNFed all my runs. If I had known it was that bad, I would have left my Continental DWs on. That was a waste of time to put on my RS3s. I got one dry run, the rest was in monsoon conditions. At least I got to work the first heat before the bottom fell out!
Old 07-28-2013, 03:29 PM

Dang that sucks dude. Yeah the RS-3's are so great in the hot/dry but just turn to crap in the wet.

Matt I just remembered why I looked so slow off the line on my first run, I was grinding the hell out of second gear, lol. My poor synchros; I'll post the video when I pull it off my camera. I had to try like four time to get it into gear.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by S2k Awe
I've got a busy day planned, C&C til about 10, then install new top, then head to a Mustang BBQ (no, we are NOT cooking horse)
So if you arent cooking horses, are you cooking fords?
Old 07-28-2013, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang that sucks dude. Yeah the RS-3's are so great in the hot/dry but just turn to crap in the wet.

Matt I just remembered why I looked so slow off the line on my first run, I was grinding the hell out of second gear, lol. My poor synchros; I'll post the video when I pull it off my camera. I had to try like four time to get it into gear.
To be honest, I probably should have sat this one out being that I drive like a granny in the rain. On the plus side, I managed not to spin even when it was downpouring.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by S2k Awe' timestamp='1375040691' post='22692070
So if you arent cooking horses, are you cooking fords?
lol

We have some horses that can really cook
Old 07-28-2013, 06:17 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by suprmonky73
insaneSP and I went to the zmax autox for about an hour and a half - andy what were you doing on your first run. from the observation deck you took it way easy at first and spun out on one of the first turns! then at the end you were hauling ass. that Zmax/circuit area is crazy, it's like a mini city over there and i was pretty surprised, as it was my first time there

we left as the drizzle started, i went and did some errands and around 1230 the skies OPENED and i had to stay at 30 mph the whole way home for 20 minutes, it was crazy
Was definitely good times...and will go again next time!

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread