Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 10:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I can totally understand the sentimental thing. An EG hatch would make a bitchin' daily driver though and would leave the S open to modification if that's something you're interested in. I'd love to have an EG hatch as my DD. Super cheap to maintain, not terrible looking, great gas mileage, etc.

The S (even in stock form) would be a much more fun autox car too!
Old 07-01-2015, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Anyone know any good dyno tuners in the Charlotte area that are highly respected? Not sure for which car yet as I am in between what I'm buying next but moving down there soon and whichever car I get will be getting tuned at some point I'm sure.
The answer to this question is heavily dependent upon the car you decide upon, so its tough to answer right now. But there are many well-respected dyno shops with experienced tuners in a wide variety of makes/models. Since you're getting a Z06 (you ARE getting a Z06, right?!?) I could dig up some recommendations on domestic tuning options for you as I don't know much about that side of the automotive world, but just look at the area you are moving to. Freakin 90% of NASCAR teams are within a stones-throw. Of course that will spawn excellent domestic talent in the area.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Ok yeah makes sense. Not sure on next car yet. I was set on a vette but have been considering a new 5.0 and supercharging it, ctsv, or maybe even another S2000.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the EG is already beyond the daily thing for me though. It's on coilovers, it doesn't have A/C or windshield washer system. I have a bone stock 97 coupe that is more my back up than a daily. I drive the s everyday because it's about 100x more enjoyable to drive than a 97 stock dx. So what I've been on the fence about is selling both civics and buying a more decent backup/daily like maybe a newer civic or something. But I'm just not sure. I absolutely love driving and working on that eg. Very cheap and easy and just plain and simple fun. But back to not being made of money is the issue. Lol. Such a difficult decision. It's not hurting me for it to just sit in the garage anyway so better that than selling it then regretting it when I can't go back
Old 07-01-2015, 05:27 PM

Yeah I had a 97 DX as a daily and loved it too. I did what you are talking about and moved to an 09 Civic as my daily. It's nice because it's newer and nicer all around, but I do still miss the EJ sometimes. My wife won't let me get rid of the 09 Civic in lieu of a beater-status DD though. She's the main reason I ended up with the 09 instead of another 99-00.

Driving the DD isn't ever really fun, but it keeps miles off the S and is just sometimes a better call than driving the S (I.e. In the rain or cold, being able to drive others to lunch, being able to stop at Lowes on the way home).
Old 07-01-2015, 08:07 PM

Yeah my girl has an 07 si and I don't mind driving that. They are a little over priced though in my opinion. The Si's I mean. I've thought about an ep3. Or maybe an older tsx. I don't know. You kinda got me thinking about making the eg a daily type of car. The engine I had in it was an LS so I could source one of those again for cheap instead of a gsr. I just don't think I can ever get that reliability out of it again. It's difficult for me to not drive the S though. I do try to avoid rain and I'm sure I won't drive it much in the winter, but I don't concern much with trying to keep miles down. For me it's worth it to just enjoy and put miles on. Everyday I drive it I love it more. They really are absolutely awesome cars.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an EG coupe for quite a few years and loved it. Light, fun to drive, cheap parts, and super easy to work on.

As for the S, you should bring it out to an autox, it can even further your appreciation for the car. There's a 2 day event at Zmax July 25th/26th which would be a perfect time to see what it can do
Old 07-02-2015, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Anyone know any good dyno tuners in the Charlotte area that are highly respected? Not sure for which car yet as I am in between what I'm buying next but moving down there soon and whichever car I get will be getting tuned at some point I'm sure.

depends what car you get. 4 or 6 cyl? Good luck. V8? its like shooting fish in a barrel lol
Old 07-02-2015, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by matthugie
I had an EG coupe for quite a few years and loved it. Light, fun to drive, cheap parts, and super easy to work on.

As for the S, you should bring it out to an autox, it can even further your appreciation for the car. There's a 2 day event at Zmax July 25th/26th which would be a perfect time to see what it can do
Hmmm. I definitely should look into that. Who runs it, like what website can I read about it to see what I need to do an register? Will you or anyone else here be attending?
Old 07-02-2015, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be attending the autoX event.
Info: http://ccrscca.proboards.com/thread/...lies-tour-july
I would daily drive the S. I put 100k on my 04 and now plan on doubling that on my 06. Nothing beats driving to/from work on fresh ZII's. DD RWD FTW.

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Charlotte Chat Thread