Carolinas A Better Place to Be

the official Greenville/Spartanburg thread

Old 05-13-2003, 11:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default the official Greenville/Spartanburg thread

ok--where'd it go?? I just went by to check out the Laurens Rd. Spa, and it was gone!

BTW, SC Highlander, did you just pass me on Laurens about 15 minutes ago? I was turning left onto Waite. Maybe we should start a Greenville/Sburg thread... ;P

JMC
Dunno about the SPA. It wasn't me that passed you on Laurens, but at about 1pm, I passed another Suzuka on Pelham going the opposite direction. I was behind a white Dodge pickup turning left onto Blacks Rd. The other Suzuka was heading toward I-85 in the left lane -- WITH THE TOP UP!!!!
Old 05-13-2003, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, wasn't me at 1...although I must admit my top was up at lunch. New client came in this afternoon and I just couldn't subject them to my ravishing "wind blown" look!

Have any of you other Greenville people had a wanker in a silver 350Z race up to you, rev like mad, then squeal off only to ride his brakes around every turn? I keep seeing the same guy over on the east side (Pelham/Greer/Taylors area). I've also noticed a slew of Z4s lately...and lots of middleaged women in them (no offense intended btw!).
Old 05-13-2003, 12:38 PM

There's a lady with a Z4 near where I work -- it's a dark red. I see her at least 4 times per week and I've NEVER seen her with the top down. I had a silver 350Z rev on me, but he was going the other way!!! We were the only two cars stopped at opposite lights on Roper Mountain. I got a good laugh at that!
Old 05-13-2003, 04:01 PM

hey.. whos the one that owns a spa that works a honda...i seen him around greenville like twice...
Old 05-14-2003, 06:12 AM

I saw a guy in his late 30's early 40's in a Spa this weekend and a young guy in a Suzuka yesterday--and that's it! Surely there are other owners out there. C'mon and tell us who you are!

I had a very nice elderly couple ask me all about my car yesterday. They even wanted to see the trunk space! I assured them that as I am single and have no kids, the lack of a backseat and huge trunk isn't a problem for me!
Old 05-14-2003, 09:41 AM

I see a suzuka and a red S2000 everyday at one of the business on Pelham road near Scan Source. I know of 2 that lives in my neighborhood but never see them. One lives about 5 houses up the street from me. His is silver and the other one seems to belong to a woman and the car is white. There are a alot of Z4 in my neighborhood right now. So far, I have count 9. Only one is driven by a man, the rest are women. Not sure what the deal is here. Never seen a 350Z in the area yet. Only seen a blue 350Z that pops up on 14 and Pelham from time to time. If you were near Bailey's Monday, you would have seen 3 S2000 in the parking lot. My spa, my wife's co worker silver and a black one that just happens to be there.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:13 AM

Hi, Zangerzone. I live right off of Pelham so I'll have to look for the other Suzuka. Wonder if it was you I saw this weekend over on Woodruff? Greenville is eat up with Z4s and I've noticed most are driven by women.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:46 AM

Probably not since I am not in my late 30's or early 40's as your post indicated. These days, my wife is driving my Spa yellow. I will drive it to and from work and other things but she drives it when I am at work.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:55 AM

check is out... everywhere i go in spartanburg and greenville, i see a damn Z4... so in my mind... Z4s ARE PLAYED OUT but still look good. hehehe... but good thing i'm the only s2 running around burg alot (i got stuff to do) and the 350Z... i see them alot to... a sliver one and another but forgot what color.

oh yeah heres a good question... how old is everyone? i'll be 20 in Aug... i know, i know... i'm a youngin...so what. At least we all have something in common...the S2000
Old 05-15-2003, 03:11 PM

3 sightings in 40 minutes!

I left work at about 5:50pm and got on I-385 South. I was about 5 cars behind a spa yellow (top up) at the I385/I85 junction -- the spa went north on I85 and I went south.

I exited I85 at Mauldin road at about 6:05 and on the overpass, I passed another suzuka (also top up) going the opposite way.

At 6:30 I was heading north on I85 between Woodruff Rd and Pelham Rd and saw a silver (top down ) in one of the southbound lanes.

Quick Reply: the official Greenville/Spartanburg thread