Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Potential new member from Concord, NC

Old 06-07-2016, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential new member from Concord, NC

Hey guys! I posted in the introduction sub section that I'm a potential s2000 owner in the near future thanks to my 2015 Fiesta ST being deemed totaled Monday afternoon. Rather than boring you with the same post twice, I'll link that thread here: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/115...#entry23987717

Overall I love driving. Attend autocross with SCCA-ccr when they line up on my weekends off, and specifically love early mornings on the Dragon when there's no traffic.

Here in the next week or two I should be getting my payoff for my car being deemed totaled, and from my part out will have some play around funds hopefully to go towards some mods (rollbar is a priority after the sad life changing realization anything can happen at any time).
So here within a few weeks the hunt will begin for an S!

I'd love to meet up with some guys, and maybe you guys show me the ropes of ownership, and maybe let me buy you dinner and a beer in exchange for going along with me when I'm purchasing one to help point out the good and bad of that specific car.

Looking forward to joining the community!
Old 06-08-2016, 04:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Bryan. I'm in Concord as well. Look forward to have you join us at meets around Charlotte soon.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:08 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome Bryan. There are a lot of owners in the Charlotte area, but someone needs to organize something soon!!!!
Old 06-08-2016, 06:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

S2000 Lake Day Cook Out!

Welcome-ish Bryan. Search for the "Things to know/look for" list before purchasing. There are some good options withing 200 miles or so. There are many of us that would not mind helping to inspect a car.

What's jumping out at you? AP1 or AP2? Color? Miles? I guess it all depends on budget. Be prepared to sit on searching for a while - you don't choose the S, the S chooses you!
Old 06-08-2016, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by srestre22
Cool Bryan. I'm in Concord as well. Look forward to have you join us at meets around Charlotte soon.
Thank you! It's much appreciated.

Originally Posted by TPhong
Welcome Bryan. There are a lot of owners in the Charlotte area, but someone needs to organize something soon!!!!
Thank you! I'll be on the lookout for some area planning!

Originally Posted by GUTI007
S2000 Lake Day Cook Out!

Welcome-ish Bryan. Search for the "Things to know/look for" list before purchasing. There are some good options withing 200 miles or so. There are many of us that would not mind helping to inspect a car.

What's jumping out at you? AP1 or AP2? Color? Miles? I guess it all depends on budget. Be prepared to sit on searching for a while - you don't choose the S, the S chooses you!
Thanks! I'll go research up on that thread. I don't mind driving a distance for the right one, I think the furthest I'd drive is about 8 hours in any direction, which opens up the market a little bit as well.

As far as AP1 or AP2, I think I'd like the AP2 a little more overall, but I like the novelty of the AP1 if that makes sense. Someone told me the AP1 is the better s2000, the AP2 is the better car, haha! Color doesn't really matter to me outside of not wanting red. I've always leaned towards blue cars so I like the Suzuka Blue a ton.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:57 AM

For anyone interested to see the build of the Fiesta, you may have seen it around town. More updated pictures and info are on page 3. Car had been widened about 3" with a Fifteen52 widebody and discontinued Rotiform NUEs when it was wrecked.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...y-Driver-Build
Old 06-08-2016, 08:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!
Having owned an Ap1 and Ap2, I think that statement is pretty accurate. If I were to purchase a third I would get an AP2. The interior upgrades and slight bump in torque would win over the 9k redline 'novelty'.
My suzuka is for sale if you have not seen it posted yet:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/115...r-stock-13000/
Old 06-08-2016, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by suprmonky73
Welcome!
Having owned an Ap1 and Ap2, I think that statement is pretty accurate. If I were to purchase a third I would get an AP2. The interior upgrades and slight bump in torque would win over the 9k redline 'novelty'.
My suzuka is for sale if you have not seen it posted yet:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/115...r-stock-13000/

Thank you for the welcome! I have seen your car, and been looking at your for sale post over and over. I'd love to check the car out. Saying that I would be in no position to buy for the next two weeks or so at least being as I still haven't even reached an agreement with insurance over the payoff of my ST. So I don't want to be intrusive or make you feel as if you're wasting your time. Your car is the one I've been saying, "Please still be there when I'm done dealing with insurance." In my head over.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No, you're fine. I'm not in a rush to sell, I've already replaced it with another family car.
If you'd like to check it out, let me know.

This forum has been such a great resource and place to meet people who have truly become friends to me...I'm happy to help anyone who I come across on here.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:48 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Was going to suggest Matt's car if you're a fan of Suzuka. It's clean and unmolested, which is relatively rare around these parts.

In southwest Concord myself, right near Afton Ridge. I'm down to host a s2k meet at the house but several folks from the forum will vouch for the fact that my 1/4 mile long gravel driveway would suck for any car that was willing to show up

Quick Reply: Potential new member from Concord, NC