Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Sad to say *UPDATED*

Old 05-30-2014, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sad to say *UPDATED*

Well guys, it pains me to say this, but my silver AP2 was involved in an accident a couple weeks ago. I was merging on the interstate, when (while going straight) the back end stepped out on me. I lost control and rear ended a tree. There were no tire marks on the road, so I don't know if I hit a slick spot, or what happened. I wasn't hurt, and the air bags didn't deploy. I drove the car home (still drivable) and the next day had it towed to the best body shop in the state.

I was considering paying out of pocket for the damage so that my insurance rate wouldn't rise, but when the damage came back at the number I was given, I decided filing a claim would be in my best interest. I'm also concerned that when it is fixed (assuming they don't total it, which they shouldn't) that my resale value will be atrocious since it'll have an accident on the Carfax. We're also going to repaint the entire car so that it matches the brand new paint that would be on the rear end. It'll be a brand new car, but when people see "accident" on Carfax, they automatically assume the worst. Never mind the fact the guy who has the car will make it look better than it was when it was new.

IF they total it, I don't know if I'll get back into another S or not. I will let you guys know more when I know more. Thanks for listening.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!!!!!!

The cleanest stock S2000 that I know... how tragic.

Sorry to hear man; glad you're OK. I wouldn't worry too much about the accident branding the CarFax. If the repair is legit I don't let it deter me from a sale. Really sucks to hear though man.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:36 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Two words: track car
Old 05-30-2014, 03:25 PM

No track car for me. I don't have time for any other expensive habits. It is fixable, but whether insurance deems it to be worthy of fixing, I'll have to wait and see about that. If they do total it, I'm going to take off the hardtop and bring it home with me. I don't think they will, but you really never know.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:50 PM

Fu@k! Sorry AJ
Old 05-30-2014, 11:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel your pain. This pic pretty much explains my situation. Happened on memorial day. Good thing everything was only cosmetic. Wish you the best of luck. I'd say fix it and keep it.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The important thing is you're ok. We all love our cars, but not worth dying over. Insurance will probably fix it, especially with the hardtop. Raises the value by a few grand, and most insurances will pay up to 75% of the value of the car for repairs. That's how I got a new motor.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully whatever the insurance company decides to do will work out in your favor. Glad you weren't injured
Old 06-01-2014, 05:42 AM

glad your ok AJ. hopefully it can be repaired. if so are you going to keep it? don't know about your insurance but if they know it has a ht, and they total it. you may not be able to keep it. usually they want the car as it was insured. good luck.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:17 AM

I know it can be repaired, but I have to wait until the insurance deems it worthy or not. The shop said the rear frame rails were turned in a bit but its not major and definitely 100% correctable.

I may have the hard top taken off before the estimate.

Quick Reply: Sad to say *UPDATED*