Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Sandblaster

Old 04-11-2010, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sandblaster

Hey guys my TC Tensioner is making some bad noise on startup and I would really like to get the worm gear sandblasted so I don't have to purchase a new TCT. I was wondering if anyone has a sandblaster that could help me get it sandblasted? If you dont have one do you know a shop that could do this?

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2010, 07:16 PM

i got a small top feed blaster just need some glass beads sand??? what ever you want. im off tommorrow so that would work best for me if ya wana meet up lmk i should be home a good amount tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by nickp,Apr 11 2010, 07:16 PM
i got a small top feed blaster just need some glass beads sand??? what ever you want. im off tommorrow so that would work best for me if ya wana meet up lmk i should be home a good amount tomorrow.
PM sent

Thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by nickp,Apr 11 2010, 07:16 PM
Sorry to thread jack...... but

nickp

I could have totally used that to clean the TJ intake manifold yesterday. lol

I decided to take on the water pump/exhaust manifold myself, but I'm still coming to you for the lift

Old 04-12-2010, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by S2K_LAD_AP1,Apr 12 2010, 07:04 AM
Sorry to thread jack...... but

nickp

I could have totally used that to clean the TJ intake manifold yesterday. lol

I decided to take on the water pump/exhaust manifold myself, but I'm still coming to you for the lift

good deal brotha just let me know!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:42 PM

hey man nice meeting you tonight lmk how it works out! just for future reference.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by nickp,Apr 12 2010, 07:42 PM
hey man nice meeting you tonight lmk how it works out! just for future reference.
Yea it was awesome and I enjoyed the ride in your car that S2k is tight!

I will be putting the worm gear in tonight, I will post pics of what it looks like sandblasted as long as I remember

I will let you all know how it turned out.

Tell your friend I said thx for the sand if it weren't for him we would have been using play sand
Old 04-13-2010, 06:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What media did you end up using? I'm hearing play sand and aluminum oxide give the best surface texture. FWIW billman uses playsand.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:59 AM

play sand is ok but it is never dry enough to work right. never had good luck it allways cloggs and comes out clumpy. my nabor had some oxide something or other dark color very fine weve been usuing it was our first time using the hopper top mount feeder and i think we were all impressed.. hope to get a garage day going soon i think i got the facitily to get some work done ljsimp can voucher
Old 04-13-2010, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by nickp,Apr 13 2010, 09:59 AM
play sand is ok but it is never dry enough to work right. never had good luck it allways cloggs and comes out clumpy. my nabor had some oxide something or other dark color very fine weve been usuing it was our first time using the hopper top mount feeder and i think we were all impressed.. hope to get a garage day going soon i think i got the facitily to get some work done ljsimp can voucher
Yea that top loading gun worked awesome it was like a 5 min process. It went from shine to dull very quick.

Nick's shop makes me want to save A lift in a garage? I mean are you serious Plus his buddy has a nice setup across the street. I really liked that you have two doors one to enter, one to exit on opposite sides of the building.

I would be up for a garage day for sure! Us Clayton guys need to get together sometime maybe at one of the mexican restaurants.

Quick Reply: Sandblaster