Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Tech Day

Old 04-20-2018, 06:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there but I'm actually going to be going to Charlotte that afternoon. I'll come by as early as I can with some tools to lend a hand while I'm there.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:42 AM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Old 04-23-2018, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone else comes out, I have about 0.5l of Honda MTF, 0.5l of DOT4 brake fluid, and half a tub of Urea grease to regrease a shifter or two, I'd be happy to donate
Old 04-24-2018, 04:29 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by HappyHokie18
If anyone else comes out, I have about 0.5l of Honda MTF, 0.5l of DOT4 brake fluid, and half a tub of Urea grease to regrease a shifter or two, I'd be happy to donate
That's very generous of you! If pulling shifter to re-grease I suggest that you just buy and replace all the plastic parts!(plastic is probably 10+ years old now) We can polish the shifter ball, taking out any burrs that might have developed.

Saturday looks to be mostly/partly sunny and a high of 72 with a low the night before of 50. So early AM wake-up and drive won't be too bad! My rule for first 15 years was........if it's above 50 top down! First year or so if it was above 65 and even if raining but on highway top was down. Went from Worcester, MA to New Haven, CT(about 2+ hours) top down in a total downpour the whole way!

Worst case just come hang out chat, BS and find out things that you might never have thought to do that could make your S even BETTER!
Old 04-24-2018, 05:43 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinky
That's very generous of you! If pulling shifter to re-grease I suggest that you just buy and replace all the plastic parts!(plastic is probably 10+ years old now) We can polish the shifter ball, taking out any burrs that might have developed.

Saturday looks to be mostly/partly sunny and a high of 72 with a low the night before of 50. So early AM wake-up and drive won't be too bad! My rule for first 15 years was........if it's above 50 top down! First year or so if it was above 65 and even if raining but on highway top was down. Went from Worcester, MA to New Haven, CT(about 2+ hours) top down in a total downpour the whole way!

Worst case just come hang out chat, BS and find out things that you might never have thought to do that could make your S even BETTER!
If I can make it and I hope I can, I need to rebuild my shifter.I ordered the parts a year ago and I am not sure where in the house they are. I also have the Honda Urea grease. I am still having a problem with my hand since my CTS. It's hard to work on a car with three numb fingers and a thumb.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:13 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by batguano
If I can make it and I hope I can, I need to rebuild my shifter.I ordered the parts a year ago and I am not sure where in the house they are. I also have the Honda Urea grease. I am still having a problem with my hand since my CTS. It's hard to work on a car with three numb fingers and a thumb.
It's a PITA even WITH good working fingers. Find it and come on over!

As I don't want to post my exact address I will just say I am in "The Legacy at Jordan Lake" off Big Woods Road. The community right next to The Preserve Golf Course. PM me for an exact address. I will PM a couple people right now. Hopefully I will be able to put the bumper back on my car by then but I also need to swap out headlights while the bumper is off. Not sure if it might be BETTER to put the bumper on without the headlights in and just do it after it's on and set. This way less to catch on as I put it back on.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

did you mean THIS Saturday the 28th?
Crap, i am in FL on vacation.

have fun.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Brake Fluid Bleed
Steering Torque Sensor Reset
Maybe MTF Change.
Diagnose Squeaky Suspension (Just need to grease my sway bar bushings me thinks)
Old 04-26-2018, 11:25 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by HKStallion
did you mean THIS Saturday the 28th?
Crap, i am in FL on vacation.

have fun.
Don't worry we will. We just need someone else host in a month or so that's all!

Originally Posted by GUTI007
Brake Fluid Bleed
Steering Torque Sensor Reset
Maybe MTF Change.
Diagnose Squeaky Suspension (Just need to grease my sway bar bushings me thinks)
I got lube!
Old 04-27-2018, 05:58 AM
Community Organizer

Ok so I plan to be out in the garage working by 8AM. Feel free to show up any time.

Day will run probably only till about 1:30 when I need to go relieve the wife for kid watching duty. There is a little event in the community that day. All are welcome to come WITH it's open to the public but parking will probably be tight. They are promoting the new houses they are building in the community. It's a quickly growing area and is only going to continue!!!

In short.........8AM to 1:30PM with option to stay/hang out at the Clubhouse after that.

Quick Reply: Tech Day