Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Tech Day at Pinky's - Sunday - August 19th

Old 08-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Tech Day at Pinky's - Sunday - August 19th

Seems all of a sudden it's gone from nothing to everything! So as I try to juggle everything and everyone it seems like Sunday the 19th might be a good day to have a TECH DAY!

I will be working on David's car. I don't know if he is on the boards or if anyone knows him. It's been in and out of his hands over the years but has always kept in touch with it. It was auto crossed and so I will be doing a good once over on it as well as doing the AP2 retainer upgrade & valve adjustment. Now that it's back in his hands he wants to make sure it's in tip top shape.

Looks like we will also have Chase who is new to the area up from Texas doing a diff fluid swap and we will be inspecting his driveline for some strange noise for a potential source.
We might have an appearance by AP1NC we shall see.

All are welcome to come and hang out or do some work while here. I will probably get started early(8AM or sooner) since I get distracted easily. If it's a nice day and things go well and there are no more than 3-4 additional people staying, we could probably grill out up at the club house and take a dip in the pool. Otherwise we can cook out at the house and enjoy the A/C.

Let me know if interested. I can PM you my address.
The following users liked this post:
abenson (08-10-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Pinky. I don't know if I'll dive into a project, but I'd definitely like to stop by, say hello, and absorb the S.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:45 PM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I have the rebuild kit for my shifter.It's been hanging on my garage wall for 3 years. Might be time for me to do something with it.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like fun - PM'd
Old 08-10-2018, 05:49 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by batguano
I have the rebuild kit for my shifter.It's been hanging on my garage wall for 3 years. Might be time for me to do something with it.
Yup! Beware it's a tight fit to get everything lined up and back in. Though I am sure there will be people here with dainty little hands to assist.

Bring lots of paper towels and a thing of grease. It's a messy job! I have stuff here to polish up parts if needed.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’d be able to come by and lend a hand to some people. Might bleed my brakes and a few other small jobs. I’ll have a bunch of tools that people can use.

Batguano, I have extra grease if you need it for the shifter
The following users liked this post:
Pinky (08-10-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 06:08 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

if i can wrap up my mini construction project at home, i will stop by

BTW, i replaced my pioneer head unit to one with bluetooth.

if someone wants my old one let me know and i can bring it with me.

Pioneer DEH-P400UB

i have everything but the connector to the OEM plug.

no promises if i cant make it though.

Dave
Old 08-13-2018, 08:23 AM
Community Organizer

I had a nice write-up and lost it.

Start time will be 8AM(hopefully) - I have a wedding reception to attend on Saturday night and so I will be drinking lots of water and coffee in the AM. Feel free to arrive any time after 9AM. I should be "under way" at that point. There will be hopefully room for 3 cars inside but likely only just 2 so there is room to move. You can work in the driveway it's level and I will give you cardboard or plywood sheets. I only have 4 jack stands but 2 jacks. The work I am doing shouldn't require stands but might need to borrow one if I inspect under the car.

I will likely be monopolizing the air compressor but should have an overflow tank that can also be used if you need to do some little stuff. Electrical, water hose, etc. will be available. Please take all fluids with you should you be swapping.

If you are going to stay and hang out please bring your own chairs, food/snacks, beer. After all our work is done and a couple people want to jump in the pool and cook out at the Club House. They make us limit the # of guests coming and using the facilities since this is a Private Gated Community.

I have 2 cars getting dropped off on Saturday to make sure they are COLD when we start.

LIST of people coming/doing:
1. David - Retainer Upgrade, valve adjustment & Once Over - Done by Pinky
2. AP1NC - Retainer Upgrade, valve adjustment & Once Over - Neal with Pinky's assistance.
3. Chase - Drive line inspection and possible diagnosis of issue - Pinky & if anyone else wants to help.
4. batguano - Shifter re-grease - Lee
5. HappyHokie18 - Brake Bleed & other items - Lane
6. mintyphresh - stopping by
7. HKStallion - might stop by
Old 08-14-2018, 03:43 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Jim, Take me off the list. I can't make this one.

Y'all have fun.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:52 AM
Community Organizer

UPDATED:

LIST of people coming/doing:
1. David - Retainer Upgrade, valve adjustment & Once Over - Done by Pinky(garage)
2. AP1NC - Retainer Upgrade, valve adjustment & Once Over - Neal with Pinky's assistance.(garage)
3. Chase - Drive line inspection and possible diagnosis of issue - Pinky & if anyone else wants to help.(garage once a bay is free)
4. GUTI007 - Either Civic si Suspension swap to OEM or re-grease slave.(let's convince him to just eliminate it) - Justin (some little corner of the driveway)
5. HappyHokie18 - Brake Bleed & other items - Lane(driveway)
6. mintyphresh - stopping by
7. HKStallion - might stop by

Quick Reply: Tech Day at Pinky's - Sunday - August 19th