Carolinas A Better Place to Be

ticket in concord, need advice from veterans

Old 11-19-2007, 06:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ticket in concord, need advice from veterans

Well i always use this road as a shortcut to come to and from school its basically a 2 hour long trip which i made about once every other month. Its a two lane road almost always empty and its in the country side so a nice view this time of year and as the leave are turning colors. The road is covered by tree so no cops can hide anywhere!!! since its only two lanes.

Well to make it short, i was going over a hill to pass some ass going like 40 in a 55!!! and had to vtec it since the double lines were becomming solid soon. Anyways as soon as i went down the hill again i spot a cop comming opposite way and all of a sudden i look back and to my surprise he pops a u-turn and turns his lights on and i knew i was the lucky contestant!!!

Pulled me over, i said "hi officer how are you, may i ask what you pulled me over for?" told me i was speeding and i said i was doing a 62 in a 55 and he said nope!!! try 82 in a 55 damn i dont know how he got me!!! lol
Well he takes me license and what not and gave me a ticket with no mercy!!!
speeding and wreckless driving

This is my second ticket in over 3 years!!! my first was like almost 3 years ago and it was dropped when i showed up for court.

What do you guys think i should do?
Do a prayer for judgement?
Get a laywer?
Show up for court and hope for the best and if not PJC!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$$$ = freedom from this I'm afraid

Gonna have to cough up the dough and get a lawyer of some kind to deal with this IMO...
Old 11-19-2007, 07:43 PM

i found one for around 400 in clt who said they can pretty much clear it for improper equipment and worse case a PJC which is kinda crappy if your gonna hire a lawyer they gotta at least clear it.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:53 PM

If its in Meck county, improper equipment doesnt fly. I would do the driving school and save that PJC...it might come in handy later. Just have to keep your nose clean ( i had to sell my RSX because of speeding tickets). Radar detector FTW!!! If i had one a long time ago, well, I'd still be driving an Acura for starters...

3 years is a long time to have to pay for a ticket IMHO...I think law enforcement is in bed with the insurance companies

My next to last ticket was the same situation you had basically, except he got me 83 in a 35
Old 11-19-2007, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy crap... I do find this funny though bc a cop gave me a thumbs up today for the S! I thought I was in deep crap but turns out he's one of the decent cops around town.

83 in a 35 is holy shit. I'd flip out.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 PM

dang what did you do about that 83 in a 35? lawyer?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:05 AM

First of all, the cop was a dick to write you for reckless driving. That's one of those where if he didn't get laid the night before he will write a few to take out his frustration. Let me guess, he was about 5'5", young and suffered from Nepoleon syndrom.

I actually have many police officer friends, but that is typical of a certain type. It's unfortunate.

When I lived in Charlotte and got tickets, I would actually get mailings from attorneys asking if I needed any help with it. Just ask around (ask people that have actually beaten tickets) about who is a good attorney. One thing that you know and we don't - if you were a smart-ass to the cop, the chances of getting off are obviously reduced.
BTW, I did get off with improper equipment in Mecklenburg Co. once, but it was in an old F150.

Get a good attorney! It will be worth it. Plus if you have repeat offenses he may become your best bud
Old 11-20-2007, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by nMeOnE,Nov 20 2007, 12:50 AM
dang what did you do about that 83 in a 35? lawyer?
Tried, but he pretty much took my money and ran. I got hit with the full 4 points. 1.5 years later got another for 3...totaling 7 ------> sold car

That 4 pt violation was in Cabarras County..coming home from dropping off b-day present to my friend that worked @ Hooters at the time. Sheriff was an ass. Made me blow the breathalyzer ( I had 1 beer with my burger like 3 hours prior).

I think, even though he was a dick, the cop appreciated me not running from him. It was the first thing he said when he got to the window.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:38 AM

I got owned in the exact same spot. He saw the nose of my car dive from hard braking and only clocked me at 12 over. I guess he felt obligated to give me the ticket after he sawy that.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got hit for 90 in a 45 About 2 Years Ago In Concord. 100% stupid and my fault. anyway, i was told by a concord sheriff if Tim Hawking couldn't get it dropped then no one could. speeding part was dropped but the wreckless stuck. so in the past 2 years i have paid $2400 extra for insurance.

Quick Reply: ticket in concord, need advice from veterans