Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Tire rotation

Old 05-08-2014, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire rotation

Hey guys, I need to have my tires rotated (meaning taken off the rim and flipped), wheres a good place to go in the Raleigh area?

I would like my rear brakes looked at as well as I think it might be time to replace the calipers but want a second opinion.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2014, 02:37 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

I think most of us can vouch for Performance Chassis in Cary. Solid shop, not the cheapest, but top notch. Just got back from there today actually from getting an alignment.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:11 PM
mlc

Agreed Performance Chassis is a good shop.

What makes you think the calipers are bad?? Are they sticking?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:16 AM
Community Organizer

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

Rotating tires? Are they wearing unevenly? Maybe an alignment is in order. I haven't had an alignment done in probably 50-60K! Tires always wear evenly and drives dead straight.

Sad part is that I never have done this as the tires never live long enough to wear unevenly. Either that or my cornering evens them from the camber!
Old 05-10-2014, 06:44 AM

When I got the car, the calipers were in bad shape. I had to replace the fronts but I only rebuilt the rears. They are starting to squeak a little and I think they are sticking a little. I usually try to rotate them every 5k miles or so. The fronts have been on for around 9k, the rears I replaced about 4k miles ago.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give them a call next week.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pinky
Rotating tires? Are they wearing unevenly? Maybe an alignment is in order. I haven't had an alignment done in probably 50-60K! Tires always wear evenly and drives dead straight.

Sad part is that I never have done this as the tires never live long enough to wear unevenly. Either that or my cornering evens them from the camber!
You must be lucky and not drive on rough roads then. I usually need one after 20k-30k miles. I always do an alignment with each new set of tires and something is usually out of spec.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Clemsons2k
Originally Posted by Pinky' timestamp='1399641372' post='23151864

You must be lucky and not drive on rough roads then. I usually need one after 20k-30k miles. I always do an alignment with each new set of tires and something is usually out of spec.
Or after 14 years everything has rusted in place!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:07 AM

That too
Old 05-12-2014, 06:11 PM

My rears are definitely wearing unevenly, but the fronts aren't. I got an alignment done when I replaced all 4 about 9k miles ago, and my rears wore out after about 4k. Going in for a rotation tomorrow.

I will probably get an alignment done again when I switch tires in a few thousand miles.

I think I'm going to switch from Direzza ZII's to Bridgestone RE-11A's next time. Do everyone else's rear tires wear that much faster?
Old 05-13-2014, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by jacount
My rears are definitely wearing unevenly, but the fronts aren't. I got an alignment done when I replaced all 4 about 9k miles ago, and my rears wore out after about 4k. Going in for a rotation tomorrow.

I will probably get an alignment done again when I switch tires in a few thousand miles.

I think I'm going to switch from Direzza ZII's to Bridgestone RE-11A's next time. Do everyone else's rear tires wear that much faster?
I got 20k out of my RE01Rs which are the predecessor to the RE-11As and had a 120 wear rating. Granted they were corded when I swapped them out, but still. Either your alignment is way off or you beat the every living crapola out of your tires

Quick Reply: Tire rotation