S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Carolinas (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/)
-   -   Upstate SC Prepurchase Inspection (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/upstate-sc-prepurchase-inspection-1185337/)

rauq 06-05-2018 04:21 AM

Upstate SC Prepurchase Inspection

Can anyone recommend a good shop to do a prepurchase inspection on an S2000? I found one that's higher miles, running a little rough, and I'd like to get another set of eyes and the car on a lift just to get a clearer picture of what I'd be getting into. Hoping to get this done soon and if everything checks out, make a purchase this week. Thanks folks.

Pinky 06-06-2018 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by rauq (Post 24471408)
Can anyone recommend a good shop to do a prepurchase inspection on an S2000? I found one that's higher miles, running a little rough, and I'd like to get another set of eyes and the car on a lift just to get a clearer picture of what I'd be getting into. Hoping to get this done soon and if everything checks out, make a purchase this week. Thanks folks.

If you can find it you would be far better off having a fellow S2000 owner with some mechanics skills to really check it out! No need for a lift to get an eye on everything you need to look at. Hopefully someone from SC can help ya out. I would help............if you were closer!

CoolGuy094 06-08-2018 04:41 AM

Not sure how far upstate the car is, but if you could get it to Tread Connection in south-west Charlotte (right off I-77 near Carowinds), then Alex can give it a look-over for you. He's our area's go-to S2000 mechanic right now. Give him a call at Tread Connection to see if you can set something up. (888) 359-7289, their address is 10924 Granite St Suite 700, Charlotte, NC 28273.

rauq 06-08-2018 11:42 AM

I'm going to look at one in Cherryville NC tomorrow around noon. I'm not too concerned about it but if anyone who considers themselves knowledgeable were in the area, I'd buy you a six pack to look over the car with me. I'm prepared to do compression and/or leakdown tests depending on how it runs but I've been reassured there are no problems with the car. Thanks for your help folks.

SC_Highlander 06-14-2018 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by rauq (Post 24471408)

I'm in Greenville and happy to help. I know these cars inside and out.

rauq 06-14-2018 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by SC_Highlander (Post 24475365)
I'm in Greenville and happy to help. I know these cars inside and out.

Thanks, I'll send you a PM when I find another one I want to take a look at. I drove up to look at an 02 BB in Charlotte last weekend and left without it because of title issues.