Carolinas A Better Place to Be

What are you thinking of or Wondering about?

Old 06-05-2018, 04:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts
Default What are you thinking of or Wondering about?

The forums have been quiet so wanted to start a general talk thread of what's on your mind RE: S2000's. Be it maintenance, modifications for performance or looks, meets or local weekend FUN DRIVES.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:02 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinky
The forums have been quiet so wanted to start a general talk thread of what's on your mind RE: S2000's. Be it maintenance, modifications for performance or looks, meets or local weekend FUN DRIVES.

Thanks for posting Jim.

I have commented many times about how the energy of the S2K community has faded.
My only recent change has been that I installed the front spoiler and had the top painted to match. My AP1 looks a good as it has ever looked.
I'm all for seeing this crowd get together for some drives or just meeting for lunch.
See you around.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I find myself daily thinking about how I (really, Mel, Lil Chalupa, & I) can move back to the mountains ASAP. Our family, and the car, are mountain people!

We already have the house but jobs are rare in WNC! Unless you're in medical...

Right now the goal is by 2020 but I have a feeling it will be sooner than that!
Old 06-06-2018, 04:27 AM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

I am in the middle of putting in new FLOOR MATS. After 18 years and only 1 post holding the floor mat in place I can't wait to get both a double post holder as well as one that covers the hump in the floor!
Old 06-06-2018, 06:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinky
I am in the middle of putting in new FLOOR MATS. After 18 years and only 1 post holding the floor mat in place I can't wait to get both a double post holder as well as one that covers the hump in the floor!
I have the full length Honda Access mats but have yet to install the actual bracket/posts. Surprisingly, they don't slide around!

There's pretty much nothing left for me to do to the S2000 interior/exterior wise other than to get the car resprayed & the front lip installed.
Engine wise, I'm considering pulling the head this winter and having it rebuilt. Leak down shows the valve stem seals and seats are my problem . Perhaps get the injectors cleaned while I'm at it.

But then again, I could very well run another 100,000 miles with the engine as is. We all know what they say about opening up the motor...DON'T, unless you really have to...
Old 06-06-2018, 01:28 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Since mine can't see the street and nobody wants me to show up to a meet in my sweet ass gold CRV, I'm just more doing routine race maintenance and getting quotes for upgrades depending on where I want to take the car next. Also picked up a BMW E30 to build for endurance racing...well technically two E30's but between them both we should be able to get one complete car and then sell the rest. Haven't posted much in the Autox and Trackday thread since it's mostly just me in there now.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I wish I had more tracking s2000's around. Everyone here who has one either just wants to keep it stock or scrape the whole bottom away. Its like Im on an island.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Afterfire
I wish I had more tracking s2000's around. Everyone here who has one either just wants to keep it stock or scrape the whole bottom away. Its like Im on an island.
I’m sure it shows in desktop version but doesn’t list on iOS...where do you live?
Old 06-07-2018, 12:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by InsaneSp
I’m sure it shows in desktop version but doesn’t list on iOS...where do you live?
Wilmington, NC
Old 06-09-2018, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Afterfire
Wilmington, NC
Yep, pretty much an island. Make sure you come find us next weekend.

Quick Reply: What are you thinking of or Wondering about?