S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Carolinas (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/)
-   -   What are you thinking of or Wondering about? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/what-you-thinking-wondering-about-1185336/)

Dreaming_S2k 06-09-2018 05:11 AM

I've been missing the Charlotte crew, car events, etc... I've been pretty much working 2 jobs lately.

Overall been loving the supercharger setup - BUT beginning to dislike the Vortech bracket. Belt replacement is a bit cumbersome, and the only real blower upgrade option (new v7) is ~$3500. There is a possibility I end up going with a turbo setup, but it'll probably be 18 months before I take the plunge. If I went that direction, I'd go with the newer g25 turbo & Schmuck manifold / hot parts. We'll see if I end up going that direction.

Hope to see you guys soon.

Afterfire 06-09-2018 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by InsaneSp (Post 24473132)
Yep, pretty much an island. Make sure you come find us next weekend.

Will do.

PenguinS2000 06-13-2018 05:25 PM

I need to inspect my bushings and mounts. I'm good about changing fluids but seem to skip thorough inspections when the car is on a lift. I should probably go ahead and replace the TCT too.

Other than that, I would love to have the front bumper repainted with a clear bra applied. I need new floormats and new fender liners as well. It never ends :(

will010100 06-21-2018 06:19 PM

Pinky 06-22-2018 12:39 PM

I am sinking that we are about to die.

Pinky 07-05-2018 09:19 AM

I am thinking it's TOO HOT!!!! Damn Mr. Summer take it easy on us would ya!

will010100 07-05-2018 01:15 PM

Dehydration and heat exhaustion are not the same thing; one can occur without the other. Last weekend I was at an event at VIR. Between driving and instructing, I was in a car 1 hour and out for 30 min.

I drank over one gal of water and Gatorade before 1 PM and still got heat exhaustion. I was sweating profusely (my cool shirt was wringing wet), chills, shaking uncontrollably, nausea, and vomiting (just water).

Saturday was a bad day. I decided to sit out every other session on Sunday and spend an hour in the ACd classroom most of the time. Not much fun, but not miserable either.

Between the two days, I drank 30 16oz bottles of water, 8 20oz Gatorades, and slept for 12 hours Sunday night.

The point is, when it's this hot, don't assume hydration alone will save you. Take care to keep your body cool.

Pinky 07-06-2018 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by will010100 (Post 24483828)
Dehydration and heat exhaustion are not the same thing; one can occur without the other. Last weekend I was at an event at VIR. Between driving and instructing, I was in a car 1 hour and out for 30 min.

I drank over one gal of water and Gatorade before 1 PM and still got heat exhaustion. I was sweating profusely (my cool shirt was wringing wet), chills, shaking uncontrollably, nausea, and vomiting (just water).

Saturday was a bad day. I decided to sit out every other session on Sunday and spend an hour in the ACd classroom most of the time. Not much fun, but not miserable either.

Between the two days, I drank 30 16oz bottles of water, 8 20oz Gatorades, and slept for 12 hours Sunday night.

The point is, when it's this hot, don't assume hydration alone will save you. Take care to keep your body cool.

WOW!!! Glad you are ok now and that you were able to listen to your body. That's a great example and detail of the difference. The converse to that if you STOPPED SWEATING in the heat that would is a clear sign that you are dehydrated.

will010100 07-06-2018 11:22 AM

If you stop sweating that's the next level after heat exhaustion - heat stroke - extremely dangerous.

ofsalesmen 07-09-2018 12:25 PM

I'm always on the lookout for parts for my project E30! Let me know if you need to get rid of anything.