S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Carolinas (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/)
-   -   WTB - Civic or Fit (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/carolinas-48/wtb-civic-fit-791155/)

Yflyer 05-23-2010 09:39 AM

WTB - Civic or Fit

Our middle daughter just moved from Seattle, WA (great public transportation) to Washington, DC (lousy public transportation). I am trying to find her a good Honda product, preferably a current generation Civic or a Fit. I am probably looking for a MY 2006 to keep the price in line.

If anyone has any leads of something to sell -- post up or send me a PM. I am in Upstate SC

Thanks

s4play 05-23-2010 10:16 AM

We have a mint 2001 Prelude (Auto) with only 75k miles...

PJCC 05-24-2010 05:24 AM

Yflyer, I lived in DC for 8 years and IMO, for as bad as public transit can be, it still beats driving in DC. Parking is expensive and difficult. Of course, it all depends on 1) where will she be living, 2)how close to downtown she will have to commute to, and 3) how far away she will like to go on the weekends to get away from the city.

For DC, I would personally prefer the Fit. Much smaller, better suited for city duties.

ClemsonWill 05-24-2010 10:57 AM

Obviously I don't know the details of your situation but if you are still debating on public transportation I have to agree wtih PJCC. It's the best way to go. My wife's best friend lives in Annandale. Her husband uses public transportation into DC everyday. He saves an hour each way by doing so.

Saki GT 05-24-2010 12:50 PM

Having lived there:

1. NOVA is huge, where exactly is she? Actually in DC?
2. I'd drive to PT if I couldn't walk there, but still take PT.
3. Street parking? Stolen Honda.

I know you want something reliable, but my opinion is if you are in the city proper with no car, just join Zip Car and reserve a car when needed, and stick with the Metro. If she's in Arlington or such, I'd get a pretty cheap beater unless you want her making road trips down to SC. I wouldn't/didn't own anything nice when I lived there, it just gets beat up. If she's farther west, like Fairfax, you need a car more and you can have a nicer car, just drive to the park & ride and Metro in. Then, a nice 06 or so Honda, maybe a CR-V.

02S2Grand 05-24-2010 04:40 PM

Well, I don't live in either city but do own an 07 Civic Lx Coupe. It's my wife's car 75% of the time. I have to say, it's a disappointment to the Honda name. I don't like this car. I find the steering squirrely and none linear, the multilevel dash annoying, and the fact you need to lean up off the seat to adjust the radio and air in a compact car is unacceptable. We'll be upgrading to a larger car in the near future and I look forward to saying goodbye to this one. As reference, we had an 04 Civic LX Coupe. That car was so much better in so many ways. It was a true Honda....hard to find anything wrong with it.

Hope I'm not a party pooper. :dontdoit: