Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1-owner Stock NY 2003 AP1 Silverstone Silver S2000 57k miles

Old 04-17-2022, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1-owner Stock NY 2003 AP1 Silverstone Silver S2000 57k miles

Name: Yianni
Price: $30,900
Details: One Owner, Unmolested, 2003 Silverstone Silver Honda S2000. NO accidents, NO stories. I don't have a carfax handy (the car's VIN is available in the photos) but S2000s had all the body panels stamped with the VIN, and the car has all its original panels and color. 2nd set of wheels and tires included.
I am leaving for Europe for an estimated 5-10 years, and I think it's a pity for the car to be sitting around unused. S2000s will appreciate from here, so keeping it might be the right financial decision... but cars are meant to be driven, not stored.
I AM POSTING THE AD HERE BEFORE ANYWHERE ELSE because I want the car to go to someone who knows and appreciates it. You have to convince me you are not going to flip it!
I bought the car new in December 2002; a 2003 Model Year (it has had 3 registrations, first in Delaware; then in Massachussets; and recently in Montana; they're all mine). NEVER raced, NEVER thrashed when cold. It is not accumulating many miles as it is a third car, but it is driven and maintained, not a rusty garage queen.
This is one of the most solid, close to new S2000s you can find.

The only changes from stock are:
- Aftermarket clutch, installed by Billman at around 25k miles. Stock clutches on AP1s are weak; I have never changed clutch in any other car, including cars with 100k miles. I figured it's better to put a unit that will last the life of the car and won't need swapping every 25k miles. The pedal is stiffer, but my wife can drive it and does not complain. It will outlast the car.
- Koni adjustable shocks. They are set to behave like the stock units. The stock ones started going at around 25k miles and I had a good experience with Konis before. The stock ones are rebuildable (which I did not know at the time) so if you don't need the adjustability and want to go stock I'm sure you can find many around.
- Rear speakers. The car does come from factory wired for 4 speakers, and it has the spots to place them behind the seats. I installed them myself back in 2003, and they make the stock stereo serviceable (because from stock it's plain horrible). See photos.
- New battery (the stock one lasted 19 years!) from a Honda dealer
- New windshield (Honda original), the old had some chips
- Tires: Bridgestone S002's, but they will need to be changed soon, they are out of tread.
- Wired for Valentine One.
- Original tonneau cover included

Extras (included in the price): Second set of wheels (16" as well) with snow tires. The winter tires have 2 seasons in them, they are probably good for another 1-2 seasons for the rears and 3-5 for the fronts.

Blemishes: there are two scratches in the passenger's side rear quarter panel (see photos). There are stone chips in the front facia (see photos). The car is parked in my vacation house which is at the end of a dir road, so there is dirt in the undercarriage (which is futile to clean properly until the car is moved elsewhere) and also superficial rust from running in the winter; but no actual rust anywhere in the car. A piece of about 8"x8" of the hood insulation is partially chewed up by mice (that was until I figured out how to scare them away); you won't hear the difference in the engine noise :-) (see photos with the hood up). There is a tiny scratch in the soft top, which according to Billman "there is a guy that can fix it while you're waiting inside the car". It's tiny enough that there is no leak on automatic car washes so it has not been a priority. The (stock) stereo head unit is acting up when trying to extract the CD from inside; it's been stuck for a while but it eventually does get coerced to exit.

Only serious inquiries please.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:46 AM

Default Interested buyer

Hi there, your s2k is a beauty. Is it still for sale?
If so, please contact me!
Old 04-22-2022, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Angels2000
Hi there, your s2k is a beauty. Is it still for sale?
If so, please contact me!
Yes, still for sale (it's only been posted in this forum for 6 days, that's it :-)); sending you a PM
Old 05-13-2022, 11:06 AM

Default Bryan

Hi, I’m interested in your car. Is there anyway to contact you sir?
Old 05-13-2022, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bryan_R
Hi, I’m interested in your car. Is there anyway to contact you sir?
Email me at yiannis@yushino.com