Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

2002 Suzuka Blue AP1 S2000, Stock, 103k

Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Suzuka Blue AP1 S2000, Stock, 103k

EDIT: The car is SOLD.

Full set here:
/
As a result of my recent purchase of a Laguna Blue 2007 AP2, my Suzuka 2002 AP1 is up for sale. The car is 100% stock, no mechanical or functional problems, above average cosmetic condition. It also has the factory optional rear spoiler. Excellent interior, the passenger seat looks almost new, driver's seat has typical bolster wear but leather is in good shape with no holes/tears/abrasion and only minimal creasing. The top had a small tear in the typical location (where it gets rubbed by the frame on the pass. side) that has been stitched and patched, no leaks, should be good for another year or two anyway. It has some typical highway stone chips on the front bumper and it has a few minor dings, but the car looks great overall and fantastic underneath. I'll post a few more pictures after giving the front end a Dr. Colorchip treatment, it should look great when it moves on to the new owner. It was a VA car until 2010, and despite the car's current location it has never seen salt or northeast winters. Since I have had the car I have always put the car in the garage around this time of year, and don't take the car out until April.

Recent maintenance:

Modifry top retractor straps

New serpentine belt tensioner and belt

Oil change w/Honda filter and Rotella T6 Synthetic

Front and rear brake pads, new caliper slides and bushings in rear.

Passenger side motor mount (I have 2, was going to do both but the driver side sees less stress and looked to be in good condition, so I kept the other as a spare. I could replace the driver side before sale if desired)

Fresh Honda MTL in the trans in May (99k miles)

Redline severe gear 75W-110 in the diff last summer (93k miles).

New Napa battery July '12

Windshield replaced 08/11, it wasn't broken, just a couple chips and a lot of pitting (common on these as the windshield is pretty upright), so I had it replaced at my own cost.

Valve spring retainers replaced and close tolerance valve job performed by Billman250 right after I got the car with 82k on the odo. He did the retainers purely as a preventative measure because AP1 retainers are known to crack when overrevved. He also went over the rest of the car thoroughly at the time and proclaimed it in excellent condition for the year/mileage.

While I owned the car I had a custom removable axle-back single exhaust on it, but that has been removed to transfer to my AP2. The rear section of the exhaust is now removable with a v-band, so with a muffler, a v-band flange and some mandrel bends a new owner could duplicate my single setup pretty easily. With a Dynomax VT muffler it was quieter than stock in most circumstances.

I also have two sets of stock wheels; some ugly black rattle canned ones with Hankook RS3s on the wear bars, and a pretty nice set that came with the car that has BFG rivals with around 3/32 remaining. I might want to keep the ugly set for rollers for my AP2 if the new owner doesn't want them.

I have really enjoyed this car, and have preventatively replaced any mechanical parts that I even thought might need attention. It's a testament to the quality of the car that there have been very few of those. The only reason I have to sell it is to move into a newer, lower mileage version of the same chassis. Honestly, this has been the best, most reliable, and cheapest to run car that I have ever owned. I'd be happy to keep it forever if I hadn't already given in to my desires and bought the newer, bluer one .

I've also talked to a local place that does winter storage and is also a specialty car broker that takes consignments. I am considering storing it with them, but if I do, I might as well let them see if they can sell it while it's there. Of course if I do that, the selling price would have to cover their commission, so I wouldn't be able to let it go quite as cheaply. If I do keep it until spring though, I intend to raise the price a bit to reflect storage costs and increased demand, so if you're interested please contact me ASAP.

Josh
Old 11-06-2013, 09:04 AM

I know it's late in the year, but I know someone out there wants a clean, stock AP1 at a below-market price. From what I've seen, nobody is offering an S2000 as nice as this one for less money. Clear title in hand, needs nothing for a new owner to enjoy it. If I don't get any bites in the next several days I will have to put it into storage until spring, and if that happens I can't let it go as cheaply as I would now.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:37 AM

Finally a beautiful clean s2k for a good price! gl with the sale man
Old 11-08-2013, 09:24 AM

Glws! I think I seen your car earlier in the year at Bill Dodge auto X. Bump for another Maine s2k
Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Perhaps I missed something, but I read your post 3 times and did not see a price...maybe you can fill in the gap for me? Beautiful car by the way, very nice pictures.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:24 PM

Price and Location are in the subheading of the Post title (11K OBO). I have an appointment with the storage/consignment place tomorrow though, I need the garage space so I can put away the AP2 for winter.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:02 PM

GLWS this is tempting and along the lines of what i'm looking for just not my first choice in color.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:30 AM

JW, how did you post pictures to your ad? For the life of me I cannot figure it out!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by mh6558
JW, how did you post pictures to your ad? For the life of me I cannot figure it out!
They're hosted on Flickr, posted in the thread using the image tag:
Code:
[img]IMAGE URL[/img]
Old 01-20-2014, 07:04 PM

I want this. =(

Quick Reply: 2002 Suzuka Blue AP1 S2000, Stock, 103k