Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

NJ - 2006 Silverstone S2000 - 152k Miles

Old 05-01-2018, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NJ - 2006 Silverstone S2000 - 152k Miles

CAR IS SOLD please close thread

First Name: Rob Wagner
Price: 13,500 OBO ​​​​​​​CAR IS SOLD
Year & Model: 2006 Honda S2000
Miles: 152819 (Currently driving so miles will go up slightly)
Exterior Color: Silverstone Metallic
Interior Color: Red/Black

​​​​​​​CAR IS SOLD

Really didn’t think I’d ever be posting this for sale, but we could use the extra cash towards getting a house out here, and right now it just doesn’t make sense to keep it.

I purchased this car bone stock back in August 2013 at Monroe Nissan in Michigan with 82k miles on it. Carfax shows 2 previous owners, but the dealer told me both were apparently the same guy. Older gentleman that used it as a commuter between Michigan and Ohio and traded it in for a used Jag they had on the lot.

Since purchasing I’ve also used it as my daily driver to and from work. The car has been very well cared for and maintained, always garaged.

During my ownership I’ve kept detailed records of everything done to the car, all oil changes, fluids, brakes, valve adjustments, replaced parts, everything. Recently I poured about $3k into putting in a new OEM clutch, fixing the famous seized alignment bolt issues, and installing new brakes and koni yellow shocks. In addition to this, all fluids have been frequently changed and are current and the tires have plenty of life left. Knowing all this, you're buying a car that needs absolutely nothing, with documentation to prove it!

Here’s a summary of the details:

Good Stuff:
  • Brand new clutch installed less than 20k miles ago (OEM Disk + bearing, OEM Ap1 Flywheel, ACT PP)
  • Brand new alignment bolts, bushings replaced less than 20k miles ago (Used Spoon bushings to get close to OEM, and replaced ALL hardware involved with OEM)
  • All preventative items done early, (axle nut TSB, billman TCT installed, valves adjusted/checked every 20k)
  • Interior is very clean (just has the normal driver seat left bolster wear)
  • Paint, overall in great condition, always hand washed. Waxed regularly.
  • Comes with both sets of keys including valet key
  • Comes with original manual, tools, and spare
  • all service records and receipts during my ownership included
  • No accidents, all vins matching and present
  • No frame or body rust
  • Brakes are new, Tires have lots of life left, Oil just changed, Fluids have all been changed within the last year: (Tires: RS4, Brakes: OEM, Brake/Clutch Fluid: ATE Dot 4, Transmission Fluid: AMSOIL MTF 5w30, Diff Fluid: AMSOIL 75w140, Coolant: Honda Type 2 Blue)
Negatives:
  • As expected for a 150k car, the front bumper and lip have a pretty good amount of paint chips.
  • Soft top has 2 small tears at the usual places, both have been sewed up and patched from the inside with extra soft top material and E600. Doesn’t leak any air or water at all. This solution has also held up through years of putting the top up and down.
Mods:
  • RPF1s (17x9 rear 17x8 front +45) with Hankook RS4 tires (225 front, 255 rear) Plenty of life left
  • Alpine HU w/ bluetooth and modifry addon to allow controls to work. I’ve got a female end USB wired to the passenger net as well for any device, but the Bluetooth works great.
  • Ebay Replica Lip (Painted Silverstone)
  • AUT Cooling Plate
  • CR side markers
  • Invidia Q300 Exhaust
  • K&N FiPK Intake
  • SS Goodrich Brake Lines
  • Koni Yellow shocks + Eibach pro springs
  • Fenders have been rolled and rear bumper tab relocated
As mentioned I have detailed records and receipts, but here are some of the more notable records:

87k miles: Valve adjustment done, valve cover gasket and spark plug gaskets replaced, spark plugs replaced (NGK Laser Platinum)
91k miles: Billman TCT installed as preventative
100k miles: Radiator replaced with OEM due to small leak, replaced thermostat and hoses as preventative
116k miles: Timing tensioner and accessory belt replaced
127k miles: Valve adjustment done
138k miles: Clutch replaced (ACT PP, OEM Disc & bearing, AP1 Flywheel)
138k miles: Replaced front endlinks, front compliance bushings, front caster bushings, rear toe arms. All OEM hardware, spoon bushings. No concerns of seized alignment bolts anymore!
142k miles: Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor replaced – Seems to be a common issue with 06+
146k miles: CV buckets cleaned, regreased and swapped – rear lower ball joints replaced as well.
146k miles: Valves checked (didn’t need adjusting)
151k miles: Koni Yellow shocks installed

Below are some pictures, click here for the full album. Feel free to text/pm me any request if there’s something not included in the pictures that you want to see.

Extras Included if you want them:
  • Was planning on doing another diff and trans fluid flush, but if I don't get to it before the car is sold you can have the fluid free, AMSOIL MTF and AMSOIL 75w140 Severe Gear
  • 5QT Container of Type 2 Blue Honda Coolant
  • Extra parts: tons of crush washers (oil, trans, diff), extra gaskets, oem honda grease, extra bulbs, misc other hardware
  • Since I just moved a few months ago, I still have the stock exhaust, stock intake, and tonneau cover being stored at my parents house in Michigan. The inclusion of these items can be arranged if you want them.

Last edited by rbtz; 05-07-2018 at 06:54 AM. Reason: SOLD