Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

CA: 2005 Honda S2000 Rio Yellow $8000

Old 10-06-2018, 11:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CA: 2005 Honda S2000 Rio Yellow $6000

First Name: Craig
Price: 6000 obo
Contact: 1st dog watch @ gmail.com all together of course or eight 1 5 nine eight 0 6752
Details about the Car:
2005 Honda S2000
Salvaged or rebuilt title. Washington plated car,
Was running but not well, now the oil is drained out and the pan was dropped so I cannot start it for you. I have vidoes.

I bought this car this summer with the intentions of slowly fixing it up and driving it and low and behold the engine is bad on it.
I do not have time to fix the car so this is sad for me but I am thinking it is better to turn it around to someone who can take care of it

History:
The car was originally from Florida, says the carfax, had a small rear-end collision that was repaired and subsequently had received a salvaged title from a vandalism ( every panel on the car has some sort of key mark, dent, or both. I am not exaggerating this)
The car traded dealer hands till it was sold to Copart where the owner I bought it from had bought it and used it for about a year and a half. and then sold it to me.

The car has about 53k miles on it reported. and from crawling under the car and looking at the brakes that came with it I can say with satisfaction it does indeed appear to have 53k original miles on it

The car comes with new installed black soft top with glass rear panel
Rockstar garage Mugen style FRP hardtop with lexan rear panel
New recently installed Federal 595 RS-RR tires on all four corners, staggered on AP2V2 rims
New EBC yellowstuff pads forward and back
New EBC rotors- blanks still black from non use
New Goodridge stainless steel braided lines
new Ballade Motorsports heavy duty rear endlinks
New NRG racing wheel with quick release hub, Horn button and Hub Lock
Swift R- lowering springs on 06 Shocks with 47k miles on them. still tight and fixed the stanceboi megans that came with the car.
Dot 4 Fluid was used in the brake flush and from the short time I actually drove it, the wheels tracked straigh and stopped well. It is a rip to drive

now the bad
When I had the engine ( have videos of me trying to readjust the valves in house) it developed this tapping noise I had thought it was the timing chain, ordered a new ballade motorsports timing chain tensioner (its installed) that fixes the tapping but it started knocking afterward. I yanked down the oil pan and the oil has a bright sheen to it and glitter. Since then I have not started or driven the car and it is currently sitting in my garage

new- used engines are going for around 3 grand. rebuilding this one is an option since it was strong and I believe I caught it early enough.

Now, this is California, but I have Washington plates on the car, and since it does not run I cannot get it smogged, so I guess this would be for parts only? or non-op? I don't know how it would work, but I am really out of time for figuring more out on it. I do have the paperwork from the old owner on smog for it. The thing is mechanically stock so it shouldn't have a problem passing smog at all.
It does have a carb legal ( with sticker) K&N intake as well

I hope that covers everything, please text me or email me I have photos and videos of the car running and we can talk price. Trying to move. If it helps I can also trailer the vehicle if needed.

Last edited by RPM_Junkie; 10-22-2018 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Lowered Price
Old 10-06-2018, 01:12 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Unfortunate circumstances! Def looks like bearing material. Funny enough (not really) my first s2000 was a yellow one with a rebuilt title. 9 days after I bought it, it spun a bearing and started knocking. I spent the time and money to try and rebuild the F20C and it started knocking again about 30 seconds after I got it fired back up. The best course of action would likely be for the next owner to source and install a used engine. GLWS!

Oh and I somehow still managed to sell that car for $6700, so I don’t think your price is too far off with the extra goodies!
Old 10-07-2018, 08:15 PM

Thank you for much for the vote of confidence, I had a few people hit me up for the hard top already... told them they could buy the hardtop and get the car for free.
I have thought and talked about rebuilding it myself, but the amount of money into a rebuilt engine (properly) vs a running used one makes it seem not worth it. and this engine is still worth something if you get a complete long block from somewhere.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:50 AM

Bump for lowered price, this is lower than I am asking for in person or on clist, trying to get it to a good garage or home.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:23 AM

and bump
Old 11-04-2018, 08:33 PM

Price: 6000 obo
Old 11-07-2018, 09:42 AM

Sold!