Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

CA - 2006 S2000 AP2v2 Suzuka Blue with OEM hardtop $22000 OBO

Old 05-21-2017, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by osunick
There are three possibilities here:

1. My price is too high, and your price is fair. In which case I have a car instead of money.
2. Your offer is too low, and my price is fair, in which case I have a car instead of money.
3. Your offer is fair, and I am willing to accept it, in which case I have an amount of money I deem adequate in exchange for the car, and you get a car that you want.

Since I still have a car and you have hopes and dreams, it's not #3. I saw you lowballing someone else in the forum, with similar results. $13K isn't going to get you an AP2v2 in good condition, so I'd suggest trying to find a fixer upper or getting an older car. I am actually ok with all three, I drove my car around last night and it was great.

Also insulting me is not a great way to negotiate, so I won't sell you the car for any amount of money.

-n.
haha, any amount? what if he offer you a 100k for it? even though he insulted me i'd sell it
Old 05-21-2017, 08:31 PM

I bought my last S2000 last year for $12,000, same mileage & year as yours, and quite literally in like new condition. Sadly it got totaled. So saying i'm low balling is wrong, granted the market went up slightly, wanting 22k for your car, or 18k+4k hardtop is ridiculous, nobody in their right mind will buy it, Goodluck.

also, regarding you seeing me offer 16k on CobraKais car is an initial offer, he can counteroffer and I would be fine paying more. I'm not lowballing.
Attached Thumbnails CA - 2006 S2000 AP2v2 Suzuka Blue with OEM hardtop 000 OBO-a2b0684c-b7bb-44c8-94c4-75387c9c62d4.jpg  

Last edited by S2K_Luvin; 05-21-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To the OP: I'd say, stick to your price!

I would personally pay $20k for this car, on the high end. I think Suzuka Blue in the 2006 model year is actually kind of a rare find. There's a lot of 04-05's and AP1's in this color, but I rarely see 2006's.

The car looks pretty clean to me, but of course, I really don't know. If I were to check it out in person and it proved to be in pretty good shape, then $20k would probably be my offer. The hardtop is taken into consideration as well, and yes, I'm taking into account that they go for $4,000 on average.

Yes, the prices for S2000's are a little bit on the upswing, and I understand that most people may or may not agree. But I just hope that everyone can remember this:

What isn't worth it to you, might be more than worth it for someone else.

I'm guessing this seller understands this and is pricing his car according to the market (which is higher in California) and also the understanding of it's place in the market (color, hardtop, condition, etc). I can respect that.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:14 PM
yip

It's amusing how people will talk about a car's value when they have never gone to see it in person. How can you judge anything from behind a computer screen?
Old 05-22-2017, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jojo-yoyo
To the OP: I'd say, stick to your price!

I would personally pay $20k for this car, on the high end. I think Suzuka Blue in the 2006 model year is actually kind of a rare find. There's a lot of 04-05's and AP1's in this color, but I rarely see 2006's.

The car looks pretty clean to me, but of course, I really don't know. If I were to check it out in person and it proved to be in pretty good shape, then $20k would probably be my offer. The hardtop is taken into consideration as well, and yes, I'm taking into account that they go for $4,000 on average.

Yes, the prices for S2000's are a little bit on the upswing, and I understand that most people may or may not agree. But I just hope that everyone can remember this:

What isn't worth it to you, might be more than worth it for someone else.

I'm guessing this seller understands this and is pricing his car according to the market (which is higher in California) and also the understanding of it's place in the market (color, hardtop, condition, etc). I can respect that.
yup everything you're saying is true, till you factor in mileage, if this had 50-60k miles, yup no problems whatsoever, double that? eh. just my opinion.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:48 PM

As long as you're not under time pressure, it always makes sense to start with the most you think people will pay. Nobody's going to offer you more than asking. The worst that can happen is that you don't sell your car.

I priced the car car based on what I saw AP2v2s go for in my area- cars with 70-80k miles were around $22-23k in worse condition (torn roofs, etc) and I figure that would put mine at 18k + hardtop. It's a high price but given the PPI from blacktrax, adult owner, and new clutch and roof, it's a car that might be worth it to the right buyer. And it's OBO, so folks can always make an offer, just don't call me a jerk for asking too much.

If the car doesn't sell, I'll either lower the price or keep it. I'm enjoying it quite a bit right now since my other car is in the shop, and I'm avoiding taking the hardtop off because if I do I know I'd never sell it.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:38 PM

Default S2k

I recently bought a 2005 s2k from the second owner for $10,900, Adult driven and completely stock. Only downside was, it was in a minor accident no frame damage with clean title.

Imo 22k is a bit high, that's more s2k cr price or a low milage ap2 within the 50k-70k range
Old 05-23-2017, 09:43 PM

Glws though.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:08 PM
yip

Originally Posted by KITBOI826
I recently bought a 2005 s2k from the second owner for $10,900, Adult driven and completely stock. Only downside was, it was in a minor accident no frame damage with clean title.

Imo 22k is a bit high, that's more s2k cr price or a low milage ap2 within the 50k-70k range

05 vs 06 Big difference here
What color?
Car with accident vs car with no accident (I searched OP's previous threads and can see the bumper he replaced was only scratched/scraped)
No such thing as a 22k CR unless it's salvage title
Oem hard top?

Do a search across the US and you will see 50k 06+ with OEM hard tops going for mid to high 20's.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by yip
05 vs 06 Big difference here

Do a search across the US and you will see 50k 06+ with OEM hard tops going for mid to high 20's.
Yeah,and it's CA, rare color. Literally no rust on the undercarriage anywhere, none of the typical maintenance items that don't really add much resale value but it's nice to know you have a truly turnkey car. Anyway, I priced it at $22k OBO- I would have considered a $20K offer. I'm a pretty great seller, anyone who's purchased a car from me is pleasantly surprised at the condition of the car after the fact. Lots of dumb things I do like replace trim pieces when their clips break even if the damage isn't visible. I'm not a person who defers maintenance for the next windfall of cash.

My plan was to sell it because I wasn't driving it, but with my other car in the shop, I'm driving it a lot and kind if kicking myself for wanting to sell it. So I'll stop actively marketing it. If someone has $20K to spend and wants what I think is a pretty darn good deal at that price, PM me, if my Porsche ever gets out of the shop I may just be in the mood to sell it.

Emotions are a funny thing when it comes to cars.

-n.

Quick Reply: CA - 2006 S2000 AP2v2 Suzuka Blue with OEM hardtop $22000 OBO