Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

CA - 2006 S2000 AP2v2 Suzuka Blue with OEM hardtop $22000 OBO

Old 05-24-2017, 07:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Osunick - kudos on how you convey yourself here. Every car has a buyer and seller... in my S2000 search, there sure is a lot of overlap on years/miles/location which makes it tough to say what a good deal really is. Ultimately it comes down to how a buyer feels about he purchase price. I've never been a fan of Suzuka blue on the AP1, but did like how it looked on the AP2. The all blue interior wasn't to my liking but I recently found out that the 06 had the black/blue combo which I could live with .

My biggest problem as a buyer is not knowing exactly what I want, but is sure makes the classifieds enjoyable to browse. Best of luck on the sale (or your enjoyment of the car)
Old 05-24-2017, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jojo-yoyo
To the OP: I'd say, stick to your price!

I would personally pay $20k for this car, on the high end. I think Suzuka Blue in the 2006 model year is actually kind of a rare find. There's a lot of 04-05's and AP1's in this color, but I rarely see 2006's.

The car looks pretty clean to me, but of course, I really don't know. If I were to check it out in person and it proved to be in pretty good shape, then $20k would probably be my offer. The hardtop is taken into consideration as well, and yes, I'm taking into account that they go for $4,000 on average.

Yes, the prices for S2000's are a little bit on the upswing, and I understand that most people may or may not agree. But I just hope that everyone can remember this:

What isn't worth it to you, might be more than worth it for someone else.

I'm guessing this seller understands this and is pricing his car according to the market (which is higher in California) and also the understanding of it's place in the market (color, hardtop, condition, etc). I can respect that.
Thanks- I like the Suzuka especially on the 2006 because the interior is a darker blue, and most importantly, the dash, door panels, and center console are black. The only blue parts are the seats and the carpet. Coming from an AP1 where everything including the dash was blue, it was a bit much.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by 2.0 guy
Osunick - kudos on how you convey yourself here. Every car has a buyer and seller... in my S2000 search, there sure is a lot of overlap on years/miles/location which makes it tough to say what a good deal really is. Ultimately it comes down to how a buyer feels about he purchase price. I've never been a fan of Suzuka blue on the AP1, but did like how it looked on the AP2. The all blue interior wasn't to my liking but I recently found out that the 06 had the black/blue combo which I could live with .

My biggest problem as a buyer is not knowing exactly what I want, but is sure makes the classifieds enjoyable to browse. Best of luck on the sale (or your enjoyment of the car)
Thanks for the kind words. I remain mostly amused at people who are offended by my price, like I've done something terrible to them. Like I said, even if it's too high, it's not like I'm forcing anyone to give me their hard earned cash. And yes, the black and blue interior is far superior to the all blue. 2006 models also have thicker leather that feels more luxurious and durable.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:55 PM

I reposted because I made the newb mistake of posting with a price in the thread title, which apparently isn't editable. The price was apparently too high, so I've dropped it to $20K based on feedback from others. I think it's a great deal at this price but I'll leave that to prospective buyers to decide. There's a six speed 335i that grabbed my attention, hence the desire to sell. Also added more details on the valve guide issue- definitely not a sign of abuse, but a weakness with the AP2v2 in particular that was addressed on my car.