Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Denver, CO - 2006 Laguna Blue S2000 - 51K miles - $21K

Old 04-24-2017, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denver, CO - 2006 Laguna Blue S2000 - 51K miles - $21K

Edit: car is sold pending funds, transaction to close on 5/12.

First Name: James
Price: $21,000 OBO
Miles: 52K
Contact: E-Mail (james dot buff at gmail dot com) or S2KI PM

Reason for selling: I bought an NSX.

Details about the car:

For sale is a 2006 Honda S2000 in Laguna Blue, one of ~1800 in the US out of 66,000 S2000's. I am the second owner, I bought it in Silverthorne, Colorado in October 2012 from a Subaru dealership where it had been taken in trade. Per CarFax (current as of 2/15/17, which I can provide), original owner bought it in Florida then moved to Colorado. Zero rust on the car, I only drive it in the summer.

The bad: CarFax shows two accidents, one in October 2008 and the other in March of 2012, both in Colorado. I'm not sure why the previous owner was driving it in the winter at elevation, apparently he was an idiot. Before I bought the car I had the dealership put it on a lift, the only indication of accident damage is that the frontmost plastic skid plates have been replaced. (Edit, update) The under-hood picture below confirms that both front fenders and the front bumper are missing their VIN stickers, meaning that they were replaced. Understanding the value impact to the car, I've dropped the price to $21,000.

The front bumper shows scuffing along the bottom due to parking it over curbs, and the passenger side of the car shows a couple of dents under the passenger side where the previous owner used the wrong jacking locations. The dents are not visible while standing next to the car, I store the car on a 4-post lift in my garage so that's how I saw them. I guess the previous owner realized that daily-driving a car like this above 9000 feet was stupid, which is how it ended up at the Subaru dealership.

The good: Since October 2012 I've averaged 1500 miles/year. This car lives on top of the lift under an OEM Honda car cover most of the time. In 5 years I've changed the engine oil 5 times, the transmission and differential fluid once, replaced the battery (new, last year) and an O2 sensor. I had a local leather repair company repair the driver's seat side bolster. Mechanically, it's perfect. Revs to redline no problem, alignment is perfect, no CELs. Except for the bumper scuffing and rocker panel items above, cosmetically it's perfect as well. I get many compliments on this car at Cars & Coffee.

My goal with this car since day 1 was to drive it lightly, garage queen it, take it to the mountains on nice days then pass on a nice driver example to the next owner for as much or more than what I paid. That's also my goal with the NSX that replaced it. So be confident in the fact that you're buying an adult-owned (I'm 42), dealership-maintained garage queen. I wouldn't hesitate to fly to Denver, buy this car and drive it back to anywhere in the US as I've done with my last two cars (Lexus GS460 from Georgia and the NSX from New York). I have the title in hand, there are no liens on the car.

Mods / Extras:

1. A handful of Modifry upgrades.
2. S2000 CR wheels and smoked corner markers give the car a slightly darker appearance, but not slammed and murdered out. This is a car that most non-S2000 people don't notice the mods on, but S2000 people see them immediately.
3. K&N FIPK intake, Invidia Q300 exhaust. Throttle control makes the car quiet when you want and loud when you want. The factory intake / exhaust were just too quiet for this type of car. Plenty of videos on Youtube of how they sound.
4. Hondata FlashPro, dyno tuned, VTEC lowered to 5100 RPMs. The result is a drastically smoother transition from 5000-6500 RPMs with no more VTEC lag. Where normal AP2's are still waiting to go into VTEC you're already ~18HP higher.
5. Alpine bluetooth HU, JBL amp and FoCal speakers in the doors and headrests (using the full size speaker inserts that go through the headrest holes). The goal wasn't to rattle the trunk, it's sound clarity for music with the top down.
6. Car includes two pristine Honda of America S2000 books. The lady who everybody used to get them from? I'm the guy who bought out her entire collection (20-25 books) a couple of years ago. I have 4 left, you get the best two, one opened and the other still sealed. The other two are already spoken for.
7. Car includes two OEM Honda S2000 car covers, the one the car lives under normally and the other is still brand new in the box with bag.
8. Car includes OEM Honda tonneau cover for the convertible top.

How I came to the $23,000 asking price: national searches on both CarGurus and AutoTrader for 2006+ Laguna Blue S2000's, I sorted by miles then saw where mine fit in against the other 5-6 for sale nationally. The only one of the upgrades above ^^^ that I've priced into the car are the CR wheels, everything else is essentially free.

If you want a lightly touched, done just right, taken-care-of Laguna Blue S2000 then this is your car. Buy it, enjoy it, take care of it, then in a few years (or more) sell it for as much or more than what you've got into it. I want it to go to an owner who will appreciate it for what it is and take great care of it, as I have.

If you fly to Denver to buy it then drive it home, I'd be happy to pick you up at the airport. Please be prepared to provide payment to my bank in a way that they can certify before you plan on driving (or shipping) the car home.

Pictures below, happy to take requests for more / different photos for interested buyers. Thanks for considering my car!

James

Last edited by TPhong; 05-08-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Gorgeous LBP and congrats on the NSX!
Old 04-26-2017, 07:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw James' post regarding his 06 s2k. I found out I was only a few miles from him. I myself I have a 2006 s2000 with CR rims. I went out to check out his car and meet up. His does a very good job describing the car and he is a stand up guy. He has a beautiful garage with a lift if anyone goes out to look at the vehicle. I am extremely jealous he purchased an NSX, and unfortunately didn't get to see it. I ended up getting a s2k book from him as well. Stand up member of the community.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:43 PM

I had the car down with Martin and had a chance to take an updated photo of the drivers' seat:

Old 04-27-2017, 06:16 AM

And the standard engine bay photo.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:35 AM

Bump, price drop to $21K. First NSX payment is due in a month, so I'm willing to deal. I'll knock off a bit for anybody not interested in the CR wheels, I can replace with AP2V2 wheels locally before you drive it home.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:35 PM

James,
I sent you an email, since I'm having some foo with my s2ki acct. Hope to hear from you.
Thanks,
Jeff D
Old 05-03-2017, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by CarpeZoom
James,
I sent you an email, since I'm having some foo with my s2ki acct. Hope to hear from you.
Thanks,
Jeff D
Jeff,

Typing up the reply now, you should see it shortly. Thanks!

James
Old 05-08-2017, 06:52 PM

Bump for price drop, $21K OBO. First NSX payment is in a month, make me an offer!
Old 05-11-2017, 12:37 PM

Car is sold pending funds...