Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FL: 2001 Honda S2000 Turbo -- Hardtop, F22c swap, Upgraded Diff, Stoptechs

Old 04-20-2017, 08:36 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Almost 2000 for shilping to Wa state...ouch. Wife says buy it. Fly out, ship it back. Hmmmmm. How is it for dings, scrapes and such? Compression numbers good, leak down good? From what I can see I ​​LOVE this car!
Old 04-21-2017, 05:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbojonn
Almost 2000 for shilping to Wa state...ouch. Wife says buy it. Fly out, ship it back. Hmmmmm. How is it for dings, scrapes and such? Compression numbers good, leak down good? From what I can see I ​​LOVE this car!
Paint/body is pretty good... especially for a 16 year old car. Some small stuff here and there but nothing huge, as you can see from the pics.

Haven't done compression or leak down tests in awhile but the car runs strong. If you're serious about buying the car and really want those numbers then I can probably facilitate having those tests run.

Edit: Since you have a new account I'm guessing you can't PM. So if you want to discuss further in private please post your email or you can find mine in this thread.

Last edited by TerminatioN; 04-21-2017 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:40 AM

Thanks for the reply. My email is

turbojonn@yahoo.com

I have afew shiping quotes now. If this were local and looks as good as it does in this thread it would be in my garage.
I know it's almost impossible to get a black car to show up well in pictures. The leak down compression test is very doable but man would it be hard to discern the shape of the car from pics.
I'm not even quite sure how to get funds to you in a safe way if we both decide this will work.
In any event, you have my email so please let me know if a compression and leak down test would be something you would be willing to do and is the interior in good shape as well, specifically the seats.
​​​​​​​I'm sure this type of thing has been done before. It's just shipping a car. I looked up the driving time and it's 48 hours, LOL
Old 04-21-2017, 07:08 AM

Thanks for the reply. My email is

turbojonn@yahoo.com

I have afew shiping quotes now. If this were local and looks as good as it does in this thread it would be in my garage.
I know it's almost impossible to get a black car to show up well in pictures. The leak down compression test is very doable but man would it be hard to discern the shape of the car from pics.
I'm not even quite sure how to get funds to you in a safe way if we both decide this will work.
In any event, you have my email so please let me know if a compression and leak down test would be something you would be willing to do and is the interior in good shape as well, specifically the seats.
I'm sure this type of thing has been done before. It's just shipping a car. I looked up the driving time and it's 48 hours, LOL
Thanks. Email sent with answers to your questions and more info. I think we can work something out.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:26 PM

Deposit paypalled. Let me know when you see it show up on your Paypal. Just started to book a to a flight. Wife is involved and now want to make it a 2 person combo vacation trip (groan). This may mean a flight date of May 21 as oposed to the 14th. Once the car passes the inspection I can deposit more $ and call that portion non refundable if you'd like (due to likely not being able to fly out until the 21st).
​​​​​​I'm pumped about this! I'm driving it in my head right now. Also, I'm pretending my anemic Miata has 450 hp. This takes ALOT of imagination.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2017, 05:11 PM

Deposit paypalled. Let me know when you see it show up on your Paypal. Just started to book a to a flight. Wife is involved and now want to make it a 2 person combo vacation trip (groan). This may mean a flight date of May 21 as oposed to the 14th. Once the car passes the inspection I can deposit more $ and call that portion non refundable if you'd like (due to likely not being able to fly out until the 21st).
​​​​​​I'm pumped about this! I'm driving it in my head right now. Also, I'm pretending my anemic Miata has 450 hp. This takes ALOT of imagination.

Thanks
Deposit received. Car is considered pending sale now. Not looking good for the rest of you interested parties. You snooze, you lose.

No problem Jonn, my schedule is fairly open so I'm sure I can work around either date.

Glad you are excited man. I think you are going to love the car. It is insanely fun to drive.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:07 PM

Flight to Florida is booked. Very exciting!
Old 05-13-2017, 04:11 PM

Shipping booked. Getting picked up on Monday the 22nd.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:27 PM

I've got to give my public thanks to Will (termination) for honoring my deposit and the terms of our sale. He had another potential buyer offer him more and Will said no, it's already sold. Kind of a rare thing these days to encounter this level of honor to comittment. Thank you Will, and see you Sat.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:20 PM

I've got to give my public thanks to Will (termination) for honoring my deposit and the terms of our sale. He had another potential buyer offer him more and Will said no, it's already sold. Kind of a rare thing these days to encounter this level of honor to comittment. Thank you Will, and see you Sat.
Thanks Jonn. It was the right thing to do and I know the car is going to a good home with you. Looking forward to Saturday.

Quick Reply: FL: 2001 Honda S2000 Turbo -- Hardtop, F22c swap, Upgraded Diff, Stoptechs